Subject Author Posted Replies

Weeds? The remedy could be in your kitchen
Drought might be a landscape=92s biggest enemy, but sometimes too much rain can bring problems of its own, as this reader found. QUESTION: =93Following some recent heavy rain, I noticed a LOT of tiny...
1
1

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Ducks Work
I am delighted to report that ducks really do eat Duckweed. These guys remind me of the ADM TV commercials with rows of tandem combines cutting through endless fields of wheat. js -- PHOTO OF THE...
4
4

Slugs! Hi I'm new to this site.
Hi there, I am new to this site and quite an inexperienced gardener so please bear with me. I hope I have posted this in the right place! I have a small garden and this year is the first year I have...
2
2

tree peony wont bloom
I have 4 peonies in a south facing raised bed. 2 herbaceous, 2 tree peonies. All grow and bloom vigorously except 1 tree peony. I think it bloomed once in 2005. Then one branch was hanging down so low...
2
2

Zucchini again
It looks like I must have grabbed the wrong seed envelope or something. Where I thought I had zucchini plants now really appear to be...something else :( Do zucchini plants and flowers look like...
4
4

easy roses?
can anyone recommend the BEST and EASIEST rose plants i can purchase that require no special care? i love their colors and have a couple berms that they would look great on! rosie the LAZY gardener
2
2

Something is eating my Datura
The leaves of my datura are being eaten, leaving the veins untouched. I have examned the plant and cannot see any of the usual pests (spider mite, mealy bugs, aphids or caterpillars). I suspect...
5
5

Blue skies today, Hooray!!
The goddess smiled on us here today and gave the first blue skies all day long since June 22. The smoke from the 800 or so wildfires has been so bad, ( considered in the Unhealthy range) that there...

Hello gardening world
Hello out there, my friend has started a gardening project ( where he is looking for volunteers. Just send me a mail. What do yout think? Alex Buy the domain name Rixa.com and launch your business...
4
4

Trimming Pin Oaks
Where can I find instructions for the proper way to trim this sensitive tree? My Google searches aren't successful. Every time I try tinkering with the limbs, the entire branch dies... even when I...
6
6

please help identify this plant!!
it is about 2 foot tall and has green leaves looking like a normal daffodil (without the yellow petals), but on the end of the tall shoots, are these green pods about 7cm long by 3cm wide. i pulled...
1
1

Lupin question.
Hello everyone, I planted some lupins in March & it said on the seed packet that they should be flowering next spring. I currently have them in pots as I didn't want to risk planting them out until I...
3
3

Asian pear question
I have few asian pear trees on my backyard (Hosui and 20th century). According the information I found on the internet, the harvest time for the fruits is mid-August, Does this mean they become...
15
15

composting
I have an half acre, I sweep my lawn ever week and have a nice size mound of grass. I will have alot of leaves this fall. I was wondering the best way to compost these. We are building rasied beds for...
5
5

Long time no read
Hi all fellow I haven't been on newsgroups all summer. I can't keep up with it all. Plus I've really gone over to forums, the info is good, the camaraderie nice, topics are focused, etc. There's a new...
16
16