Subject Author Posted Replies

Advice Flymo Mower
Help, I have a Lawnchief Flymo Petrol mower. When I was curtting my hand slipped off of the brake whilst the motor was running. It now won't start at all..... what could have happened and how do I fix...
1
1

drying herbs
whats the best way to dry or preserve herbs, i have a large bay tree that i want to cut back but dont want to waste the leafs
4
4

foxgloves
I have heard various conflicting reports, some people say foxgloves are very hardy and disease resistant, others have said that they are prone to rust. Mine have definatley come down with a nasty case...

help on how to set up a garden for someone quickly
Hi, I live in South London, can anyone help me? A friend of mine has had a bit of sickness and she regrets not gardening this summer, misses home grown tomatoes etc., it's a bit late in the season and...

Question about peach trees..
Hi all, Over a year ago I planted a peach tree in my back yard. It was rather small back then, but has since grown to be approximately 1.8 meters (6") tall. It grew an astonishing amount of leaves and...
6
6

Seven dust - Applied a month ago - Still toxic or not ?
Last month ( mid June ) I had applied Seven dust to my grapevine due to Japanese Beatle infestation. I applied by hand ( gloved ). I grabbed a handfull at a time and just tossed it across the whole of...
64
64

Unknown (to me) Herbs
Would those of you who know something of medicinal herbs please cast an eye on and help me identify some herbs that lost their labels? http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u
8
8

FruitShield usage -- to control birds
Does any body have some success stories to tell in regard to using the following product to control birds: started to use it yesterday. Can't wait to see what the outcome is going to be. JIMMY
8
8

Lawnmower spark plug black hard to start
Hi, I'm just trying to fix up my mum's lawnmower - its a Honda "Buffalo" model. Fairly new - but she's hardly used it. She had problems with it ever since she got it - but only now has she asked me to...
5
5

callistemon "bottlebrush" advice
can anyone give me litle advice please, i own a callistemon "bottlebrush" plant. its the one with the red flowers. i was wondering when do i dead head the old flowers and whereabouts do i cut on the...
7
7

help with my bay tree
I have a standard bay tree that is around 7 or 8 years old and is in a pot outside the front of my house. I think that it has suffered frost damage. Most of the leaves are brown. It has a few that are...
4
4

Ground Cover
I plan to sell my house in 2009. The grass, front and back, is a bad mix of whatever. Rather than having it torn up and relaced with rolls of grass, I'd like to tear it up and replace it with plugs of...
6
6

Fertilizer
I've been using a free "natural liquid fertilizer" in my garden this year, and things are growing great -- a little late because of the the weather, but great just the same. But I think the stuff is...
1
1

My intro and some questions
Hello all, I am new to this group, and a novice at gardening. I live on Long Island, NY (not sure of what "zone" that is). Anyway, my question is about the Butterfly Bush(buddleia). I bought a small...
4
4

angel trumpet leaves curling
I have an angel trumpet in a large pot. It is 3-4 feet tall and I have had it a few months. The leaves were quite large but now they seem to be cupping under. Kind of like you would cup your hand...
17
17