Subject Author Posted Replies

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Wax Plant
The Wax Plant is a most unusual house plant for several reasons. First and foremost is the intense and wonderful fragrance that wafts off the flowers when least expected. JS -- PHOTO OF THE WEEK:...

Pineapple harvest
I have grown a pineapple here in Quebec City. This is the first pineapple I have ever seen on a plant. And I don't know anyone who knows anything about growing pineapples. The fruit is now about half...
3
3

spirea suckers
We have a long spirea hedge next door running along the side of our fence. It sends out suckers constantly which take a fair bit of time to remove. I was considering burying some sort of barrier, e.g....
3
3

Fuschias
From fuchsia seedlings this year I have a royal display in a dozen 12" pots, and want to ensure a repeat performance next year. What is my best plan to over-winter them?
1
1

help me ID these vines
Can someone help me ID these climbers. All are flowering vines mostly in summers. my zone is 9-11. Thanks This one growing rapidly, blooms in summer. '[image: '( one large leaved climber. blooms in...

Lawn questions and garden prep question
Zone 5A Lawn questions: It's been dry up here. Every lawn is burned out. Should I continue to water? Would this be a good time to get some compost and top-dress the lawn? Garden prep question: Next...
1
1

Sustainable landscaping saves time, energy and money
Is your garden a sustainable landscape? Ideally, it should be. By =93sustainable=94 I mean that it is in balance with the local climate and requires minimal resource inputs such as fertilizer,...

Help....Robins Eating My Current Tomatoes and Grapes
I've caught two robins today eating our grapes and current tomatoes. Seriously. I thought I was seeing things, never have seen or heard of this before, but here is one study/reference to robins...
7
7

Common Problems for Trees
Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case Sensitive. Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting Mulching - Pruning Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry) Farming...
2
2

Shade tolerant plants
Now the foxgloves have stopped flowering what plant would be a goo replacement in a shadey boarder, that will offer height and colour? M boarder is looking so bare now -- foxglove77
8
8

Are these weeds
HI, I have just started gardening and im a complete novice but im enjoying it. I have quite a big garden so i have planted some vegetables. I dug the garden over and planted the veg which are coming...
6
6

Silvery leaves on Box hedge
Hi, Last year my newly planted Box hedge started to display a silvery effect on all its leaves. The leaves then dropped during winter. I've noticed the same thing again this year. Is it anything to...
1
1

Iron Phosphate and Killing Slugs the continuing saga
Well Billy gave me url I ordered 500 g. Seems things are on back order. ³Thank you for your order. We are proud to be your source for Chemicals and Laboratory Equipment. Yada yada yada³ Code...
6
6

can anyone identify this particular insect?
Noticed a new bug in the area this summer. Can anyone identify it? Photo below. Thanks http://www.farmphoto.com/fpv2/thread.aspx?mid=600599#600599
4
4

Fungal Problem
I have had a terrible fungal prioblem in my garden this year. I think its mainly powdery mildew that has affected my clematis, of which I have had to cut down about 5. It has also affected my...
2
2