Subject Author Posted Replies

Rose leaf size varies
As my roses begin blooming in the new season, I wonder, as every year, why such a wide range of leaf sizes. They range from over 3" in width to less than 1". OK, they are different varieties, but why...
3
3

Where to see and buy a curved 5' vertical cross bridge for cheap from local retails stores?
Hello. Where can one/1 see and buy a small (5 feet) vertical curved cross bridge (e.g., ) from a local retail store in So(uthern) CA(lifornia)? It will be placed over a small sloped water drain ditch...
8
8

OT: 11' sea rise?
Get out your water wings. HB A map showing the previously-hidden landscape beneath Totten Glacier. Orange arrows indicate seafloor valleys deep enough to allow warm water…

Sausage recipes #1
Do I really need to say it. . .
8
8

citrus tree question
My husband has a couple of citrus trees in his green house, and they are covered with scale insect. How does he get rid of the nasty things? thanks...
24
24

OT: Pants on Fire
In case anybody actually watches the Sunday pundit shows, here's one of Politifact's entertaining "Pants on Fire" summaries anticipating what THEY may be mouthing/bleating/spewing...[or your choice of...

Rose food - 6" from trunk?
Bought organic rose food "Espoma Citrus-Tone". Directions say not to apply within 6" from trunk. We all know that feeder roots are where food enters tree, but curious why this positive instruction to...
11
11

Suddenly Behind
Last week, we had overnight lows below 0F. NOAA is reporting a current (3:45PM) temperature of 53F. Last week, I thought winter would never end. Now I feel like I am impossibly behind in prep and...
4
4

Gardening and climate change
All of us home gardeners are affected, to one degree or another & will be into the future. (Not to mention major food suppliers, even in "developed" countries.) The deniers (including powerful...
64
64

Plants Use Water Wisely - Mostly
The following news release was issued by Macquarie University in Australia. It describes a project incorporating data collected in ecosystems around the world, including data from the Arctic tundra...
10
10

Lisianthus from seed
Hi has any one grown Lisianthus from seed,I have some seed and have been told they are not easy to help will win me brownie points with the good :D 'điện hoa h? nội' (

Tomatoes - breaking my oath
I swore I was going to give up veg gardening; small family; buy organic produce. But prices so high, and taste not all that great, reconsidering. No point in buying tomato seeds from local nurseries;...
27
27

Wrought Iron or Glass Balcony?
I love my garden and I have room to create a balcony space where I will be putting seasonal plants in pots as well as baskets. My dilemma is whether to choose a traditional wrought iron balcony or go...
6
6

Packaged Food
Headline: Your healthy habits are eating into the packaged foods industry I thought some here might be interested. An article on how packaged food profits are down, and attributing it to the assorted...
11
11

California Drought
The State Department of Water Resources (DWR) released its 1 February update of hydrologic conditions. The combined content of the 12 most significant reservoirs is only 37% of their capacity. The...
3
3