Subject Author Posted Replies

Fertilizer ratio
I am building my first vegetable garden. I took some soil to be tested and it was recommended that I put 8 pounds of 13-13-13 per 1000 sq ft. My garden is only 160 square feet so I don't need very...
21
21

OT: To Charlie; I just want to take this opportunity..
I just want to take this opportunity to "publically" apologize to Charlie who sent me the incredible music cd's and who I have broken an unwritten rule about screwing up and sending a cartoon without...
4
4

Your garden can be a human habitat
When landscapers use the word =91habitat=92 it=92s almost always preceded b= y the word =91wildlife=92. Nothing wrong with that, to be sure. But what about you? What about a human habitat? Landscape...
1
1

spring break board college kinds are out........
Just a reminded that I was brought to attention Saturday. Most colleges are now out on break, so that means all those troublesome too smart for their own good kids who have now nothing better to do...
3
3

brugmansia
hi i am new to the forum just wanted to say hay i am from florida and have a question about brugmansia i wanted to know if you can split a multi trunk brugmansia at the roots thank you

Introducing Myself
Hey yall. I'm from Northwest Arkansas. I'm a usenet newb and a little new to gardening. This is the first year that my wife and I are going to set up a "real" garden. We have used some "self watering...
3
3

Manure as fertilizer ...................
I live in the middle of pasture land. Lots of free cow patties. My wife seems to think that this would make good fertilizer, or at least good mulch if tilled in. Other than using fresh dung for the...
32
32

Pernettya (prickly heath) help!
Can someone please help me!!! I was brought 4 pernettya for my birthday which I have brought large pots for but I am unsure of what soil they need! Everything on the internet says they need peat but...
1
1

Nobody has plants to trade?
For a Brooklyn girl you're mighty naive. Usenet is not the best place for sharing ones personal contact information, with virtual strangers, people who haven't taken the time to develop even a...
11
11

daff's and hyacynths are peeking up!
We've had a long, hard winter. Due to be in the teens and 20's again this weekend....but I saw some green!!! Pittsburgh, Zone 6
7
7

Newbie question
Today, we went to the hardware store and bought a lot of seeds of various kinds. In the past, we have bought live plants at nurseries. We're new to gardening, so didn't have great success, but want to...
6
6

If you don't like the weather ..
... wait 24 hours. < Celcius degree temps.> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Forecasts for Southern Ontario issued by Environment...
12
12

scent
Hi all I have been wondering about this: are there any plants or flowers that are grown not for their looks, but for their scent? ( Imagine 'Cytisus scoparius + broom as a long-flowering potted plant...
16
16

Would you place a gargoyle in you gardne?
x-no-archive: yes I thought about placing some gargoyles in my garden. Do you think that this is a good idea or not?
6
6

Keeping dogs away from tender plants
Having your pet dog join you for some outdoor fun is one of life=92s pleasures. But when Fido decides to hone his digging and chewing skills on your tender plants, man=92s best friend can find himself...