Subject Author Posted Replies

Advice needed for a hardy patio plant...
Hello, I?m hoping you can help me find the perfect plant to place on my patio, I tried doing a bit of searching online but I'm getting a bit lost under all the detail and I have some specific...
6
6

Hiya! Garden advice please anyone?
Hi everyone, just found the forum! :) I just wondered if anyone could chuck their opinion into the mix here.. thanks in advance! Just moved into a flat, the garden is shared. At the moment it's...
2
2

Compost Heap
I started a compost heap 12 months ago, its in a 200 Ltrs plastic container, however the compost of grass cuttings , garden waste etc. does not appear to be "breaking down", also the waste is cold. It...
14
14

Using drosera binata against flies
Hi all This is my fist post so do tell me off if I'm posting in the wrong place or about the wrong thing ect. I'm investigating natural methods of killing flies and wondering if keeping the plant...
2
2

Composition soil testing
Is there a test to get a percentage of organic matter in a soil sample? Anyone know how is this typically done in a lab? I was wondering if the sample is weighed, burned off, and re-weighed to...
3
3

Broccoli- jamais plus!
This is my 3rd time trying to grow broccoli, so maybe it's time I got the message. Anybody have success? Pls. mention your part of the country, and anything special you might have done. TIA Persephone

Tomato seeds
This was my week to start my tomatoes, indoors. One variety I started was brandywine, which I'm pretty certain is not a hybrid. Since the packet contained very few seeds, I started thinking that...
11
11

There goes the neighborhood
My rural neighborhood is more or less city-fied. They all got pasture type fencing including the street-facing side. All is well manicured native grasses as viewed from the street on these 5/10/20...
8
8

Virginia bluebells anything similar?
Recently fell in love with Virginia Bluebells. They don't spread about here but like to be propagated by ripping off a clump. Nice plant that is about 6 years old now resides in about 10 locations....
1
1

On The Edge
Hi everyone, this is my first post here. So I'm sorry if my questions have been answered a million times before. At the end of this month I'll be moving to Port Mulgrave. It's a tiny little place...
6
6

time to mow the lawn
Wilkinson Sword are the world's premier provider of women's shaving products, razors and blades. Find out how we make female hair removal quick & easy.
2
2

Cider issue sorted
At least it seems sorted. Pulled the (what seems like) white mold out of jugs using paper towels. Soaked up the mold. I sulphited and this seems to have stopped the mold coming back. Hopefully all...
1
1

Sambucus Nigra died away?
Where are you located? It may still be too cold for them to come up.
3
3

Patron Saint of Gardeners / Vegetable Growers
I wish to put a plaque on the front of my shed of the Patron Saint of Vegetable Growing. But which Saint is it? Ed
16
16

Herbs and Roses
Is there any reason not to plant herbs between roses? It would be convenient, since the Rose path is right outside the kitchen door. I have checked several "complementary" sites and none of them seem...
11
11