Subject Author Posted Replies

robin tree
Hi, i have a robin tree that is planted in a big pot. it appears to have black and brown spots on the leaves and the leaves are falling off. looks very similar to the black spot roses get. can i use...

Rhododendums Being Eaten Question ?
Hi, Have some nice Rhodendums that have come into bloom lately, and look like they are being eaten (but hard to tell for sure).. Live outside of Boston, and have Deer and Wild Turkeys in my area. Are...
3
3

More Reasons to Grow Yer Own...or...Maybe It's Too Late
Here's another fun article for "us people"....I'm beginning to think we are just plain old effed no matter what we do...... ......link for American Academy of Environmental Medicine...position...
6
6

New Garden Swap Shop!
Hello fellow gardeners! Just a quick post to let you know of a new group I have started. It's called the Garden Swap Shop and on there you can list items you have available to swap/sell or just simply...

New hybrids
Interesting slide show from Slate Magazine. Author inveighs against hybrids gone wild. What do NG members think? http://www.slate.com/id/2218661/slideshow/2218964/fs/0//entry/2218965/
2
2

Non Blumming Iris
I have lots of these that do not flower-what am I doing wrong?
5
5

How to make potash?
Hi i heard potash is a good feed for plants etc but is there a certain type of wood i need to use? also can i use it straight the way after i have made it? Sorry i posted somewhere else on the forum...
7
7

new rose
new rose 1185813520 is a 16" dia. red,pink,yellow, rose

Japanese Stone Garden Lantern
I'd not sell it, it can be decorative indoors too. Unless it's truly hand carved stone but instead a casting it probably won't bring much... but in either case it will bring more as is... do not...
2
2

Hedge Ideas
Hi Guys Thanks for everyone who responded to my previous question. Now another help I need is to find out what will be the best hedge for my garden. I really want a child friendly garden as I've 1...
6
6

The horseradish is blooming
and the flowers are kind of pretty and they smell nice. I didn't expect that. Bob
2
2

Some of best tools came from Smith and Hawken Irish digging spade ******
Hawken still about and it brings a smile. ................................ Paul Hawken: You Are Brilliant, and the Earth is Hiring ? The Ultimate 2009 Commencement Address By Allen Roland Op-Ed News,...
1
1

Problems growing leland cypress
Hi there, I have a section in back yard between me and a neighbor that is very wet. There are some large trees in the immediate area but for years I have been trying grow leland cypress to create a...

Carniverious and tropical use compost
Hi, Ive recently purchased some seeds for two different types of pitcher plants, cofee tree and a passion flower. I can provide more details if needed. Anybody got any recomendations for compost, one...
1
1

House plants
Please help! I have recently bought a number of plants and small bushes for inside the house. The tips of the leaves have started to go brown on the ends. Is this because I am over watering them or...
5
5