Subject Author Posted Replies

Peppers in pots not taking off
I have several pepper plants in pots since last Sunday. I used fresh potting soil. As of today they look good, green and healthy, but they haven't started to grow. I added a general purpose fertilizer...
14
14

corn stunted
I planted corn this year in two established and separate raised garden beds. Same seeds, same fertilizer... etc... but in one bed, the corn is about half the size, and didnt appear to be as healthy. I...

Potatoes - when do I harvest?
This year is the first time I've planted potatoes, and need some advice when to harvest. I live in the Dallas area and I planted some "Yukon Gold" seed potatoes around mid march - in raised beds. Its...
3
3

TED On saving seeds
Enjoy! Some good news. Bill ..........
2
2

High-Yield GARDENING : Patio & Rooftop
Ceci peut vous intéresser - For an interesting demo (french) : urban rooftop gardening - Tout sur la culture "en milieu urbain" : Visit - Visitez : Biotop est un système révolutionnaire. Il est...
1
1

Little Black Beasties on my Sunflowers
Hello There are small (about the size of a pin head) black insects on the underside of the leaves of my sunflowers. They seem to be getting taken care of by the black ants which now reside on them....
1
1

This Article Is Helping Us To Start An Organic Garden...Any Other Tips Are Appreciated!
Hey Group, My wife and I are on our way, and started on our first Organic Garden. The following article had some great tips for us, but we want more "Real Life" information that has worked for others....
1
1

Geraniums
Hi again, Quick question about Geraniums. These plants (particularly the 'Zonal' variety - I think that?s correct - I'm a n00b and I'm just reading off the labels!) seem to flourish the most in my...

Planting boxes
I have decided to make some raised planting boxes rather than go into the earth, which here is a combination of sand dune sand and caliche. I believe that some treated lumber would last the longest,...
7
7

Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Seeds.
Hi Everyone, Last year I bought two amaryllis/hippeastrum bulbs, one pink, the other was red in the centre and white on the outer edge. I hand pollinated these flowers and collected the seeds. I...
2
2

Weather info
Look at Enjoy Bill
10
10

New Compost Tea Recipe/Trial
Went to BiggerTown yesterday and had to stop at Lowe's for some plumbing stuff and picked up a big bag of bone meal and a bag of Espoma Bio-Tone, which contains fifteen strains of bacterium, eight...

Pinching back tomato plants
A friend recently told me that she pinches back her tomatoes for maximum production. Does anyone else do this? I'm not sure exactly what to pinch, just extraneous branches?
8
8

Shasta Daisies in Southern California
Today, I went on a wild goose chase. I have some shasta daisies in my garden. They are a low-growing type and are completely hidden behind statice and penstemon. I want to replace them with some...
3
3

fORMULA 409 CLEANER AS A INSECTICIDE ON ROSES?
Just read the safety warning on a bottle of 409. It has the identical safety warning as the organic insect killing soap sprays I have. Has anyone ever tried Formula 409 on their roses or flowers to...
23
23