Subject Author Posted Replies

Stinky
Anybody who lives in the LA area & hasn't heard about "Stinky", contact the Huntington. Stinky is a giant flower - supposed to be largest in the world -- which blooms only every few years. Smell is...
6
6

ID this flower
Just bloomed - gorgeous. Tried to post to Photobucket, but am new at this binary thing, so hope somebody can find it. One pic would be under "orchid" and the other (misspelled) under "Orchic".

Ticks?
Hi I was in my garden the other day and come across a tick, I was 100% sure it was a tick and when I checked online I was 110% sure lol But now its put my g/f off letting our son in our garden, I need...
26
26

Storing Seeds
Which do you consider better for medium term storage (say up to three years) of vegetable and flower seeds, paper envelopes or small plastic bags. The seed will be stored in the refrigerator. I don't...
6
6

Plant ID
I have a perennial with large leathery leaves that feel like lambs ear. The plant doubled in size to about 5 feet and has produced a spire. The plant is about 3 foot diameter at the base. A line of...
11
11

Chinese Lanturns seedlings
I planted some Chinese lanturn seeds a couple weeks ago. How will they look when they emerge. I placed them in some pots, and things are coming up, but how would I know if they are "weeds" or the...
3
3

Re: tips of leaves of pyracantha going brown
Hi there, I'm new on the forum but a reasonably experienced gardener with two very healthy pyracanthas, including the popular 'Mohave.' It sounds to me as if despite your watering, the plant is not...

OT:my precious Smeagol "Lurch" Sneaky snack, Sugar dawg's bookend........
after an unexpected stomach problem that usually was normal for my precious Smeagol, especially in the last three years, James and I took him to Stonegate which was the vet I used for the last 17...
3
3

Watermelons, cukes, and cantaloupes
I have about 1000 sf where I have pine trees about every ten feet in rows. A bubbler is run to each, as well as a couple are out there for trees that didn't make it. The soil is sand just like the...
2
2

Watering
I just went out and ran lines for my garden. I have about twelve rows, and I put a bubbler on the end of each row. I hoed furrows, ran water, and then rehoed the high spots so it runs all along the...
22
22

Help - clumps of grass around new trees
Hi - I planted hundreds of new trees from seedlings (mostly maple). I also planted my lawn at the same time and the lawn seed blew into the tree area. I use a tow-behind tiller that will get 99% of...
3
3

tomato, cover fruit?
Anyone covering their tomato fruit with nylon's to prevent sunburn?
3
3

Help needed for a memory tree
Hi Everone. This is my first time on the forum and I am hoping to get some advice, let me explain........ I am very new to gardening, so new that I have just had my garden blocked paved because I...
2
2

Rhubarb questions
Two years ago, I was given a rhubarb plant and because I had nowhere else to plant it at the moment, I stuck it in the ground too close to the garage. I knew it was going to be too huge for that spot,...
8
8

Holly (Ilex) leaves turning yellow and losing spines
Hello, I'm new to this forum and relatively new to gardening as well. I have a query about my holly tree (Ilex Aquifolium). I planted it about a year ago and at first it looked like a holly tree -...
3
3