Subject Author Posted Replies

Save money by quick vouchers towards gardening products
Hey guys help me to save some money. I just got a free codes for gardening Products. I saw their promotion to get free voucher codes and coupons and save the money when I shop online. Anyone know of...

Keeping a 3' by 3' square of grass turf alive
First: -I have no idea about gardening-. I'm trying to figure out how to put down some 3' by 3' squares of turf for wildlife (small animals) that we rescue. I figure that will make them feel a little...
73
73

Killing of Daylilly grass, can it be done?
My wife planted a Happy Returns daylily in the front garden a few years ago. The rysome grass the plant gave off choked out all the surrounding plants so we tore up the garden and started fresh. When...
2
2

Beginner gardener with clematis queries...help!
Hi, Im hoping someone can advise me on my 2 issues. I have 2 clemtises (?!). 1. Montana has been planted about 4 years. Looks healthy and finished flowering about 3 weeks ago. Saying that, I think it...
3
3

Off Topic those damn Iranians
Thirteen Dead last I heard. Tragic shooting their own people. Bill who wonders if Kent State will ever make the news in the next year as a counter point.
9
9

planting near an araucaria
We're looking for a flowering shrub/perennial to plant on a grave, which will tolerate the light shade of a young monkey puzzle. I'm wondering whether the tree will make the soil acidic and dry Should...
1
1

OT? Thinking can be dangerous
I was out watering my toms, roses, and geraniums this morning and as I drug the hose around the corner of the house, it became stuck on something. So, complaining to myself all the while, I went to...

Small bugs on my plant
Hi , I just found out today that there are numerous small bugs on one of my plants. Here's a picture of them: plant is in this pot outside the window: anyone know what these bugs are and how to get...
3
3

Rhododendron
Hi, I'm looking to plant some rhododendrons in a bed about 4m x 1m. The spot is very sunny and has previously grown a few daffodils, bluebells and tulips. I want them to fill the space eventually,...
3
3

seeking resources to learn about organic gardening
Hello, A lot of the stuff I've found on organic gardening can be fit into one of a few varieties: - Why all gardening/farming should be organic: "grow healthier food" - Why all gardening/farming...
3
3

Yeah, YOU! GET OFF THE GRASS!
Explore deserttraveler's 12 photos on Flickr!

OT RANT: Woodchuck Plague Even Worse Than Usual
The east side property line is a paradise for woodchucks -- which are called groundhogs here -- because it is defined by a line of about 50 mulberry and black cherry trees. There's also a barbed wire...
18
18

Drought and Pepers
Seems to infer hotter peppers need more water. Bill
2
2

Tree roots everywhere!
Hi All, new member and new to gardening in general! I have a small problem - To the back of my house there is a playing field surounded by trees, a few months back the counsel arrived and cut down...
4
4

Deer resistant vegetables?
I live in New Jersey and have learned what flowers and shrubs deer will decimate. By painful experience I now know what to plant for foliage/flowers in the yard. I am getting into growing vegetables....
12
12