Subject Author Posted Replies

Cider update
Checked it yesterday - almost 5 months after manufacture. Been sitting in glass carbouys. Nice clear appearance with some scum on the bottom. Varies from a very pale honey colour to a mid honey...
5
5

levelling - dig down or add up?
Hi I live on a slope and after my two patio slab depth patio area my garden slopes down from the right to the left quite considerably. It means there is not much garden for the children to play in. I...
9
9

Peaches problem
My peach tree, I just noticed, has clear hard oozing sap coming from the peaches. Lots of them. Not a good crop this year. What is this, and what do I do? Steve
22
22

Gotta Start Killing Squirrels -- Hate To Do It
Personally planted 1,000 trees during the 60s-70s, and had 300 of them cut down with stumps ground 2005-6. The trees that were cut were chipped and the shavings shoveled via bulldozers but kept on the...
15
15

Talking to plants
From Science Daily. Is this for real? Anybody try the experiment and report to the NG? (My tomatoes are already so tall, I'm afraid to chat with them .) Persephone...
2
2

How much fertilizer to ue
Got me a tub of 5-5-5 pure organic fertilizer. Bone meal, blood meal, gypsum, potash, cottonseed meal and grape pomace. For my plants by height it says to use 1/4 cup per foot. Seems like a lot but it...
5
5

Please I.D. Unknown Herb
Can anyone identify the herb in folder "Unknown Plant" at You. http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u.Thank
4
4

Stevia: monoecious or dioecious?
Does anyone know, if Stevia is monoecious or dioecious?

Can you ID this tree?
I'm trying to figure out what we've got in our back yard. I have been through countless "tree identification" websites looking and have not been able to find a match for this. live in Kansas City, MO....
6
6

Bottle Brush - pruning?
We live in Margate, UK. About 2 mins walk from the sea so get very few frosts. We have a bottle brush in a pot and is about 18 ins high. My question - when the red 'brush' dies down on a branch there...
6
6

Problems with Silver birch
Hi Can anyone help me with my silver birch trees please? I planted 9 in total in October last year. The soil has quite a high clay content and so I improved the earth in the planting hole with lots of...

When to move seedlings into pots
On Jun 25, 5:18 pm, Chewdadda wrote:
6
6

Clivia - shade or part-shade?
Anybody in coastal: Do you have your clivia in total shade, part shade, or? My neighbor gave me some plants years ago, and I have divided and replanted them numerous times. Some are in part shade,...
5
5

Off Topic Perhaps some fodder
Wide ranging. No need to look unless this tidbit says check it out. Calabash 2009: A View of Us in the Age of Obama Aired, Podcast, Shows | chris, June 4th, 2009 Recorded Thu, June 04 Jamaican wisdom:...

A hard time with moss & rocks
Terry Coker wrote in news: have you tried blending the moss with buttermilk or yogurt & painting the mixture onto the rocks? are the rocks moist & shaded? smooth or rough? lee
20
20