Subject Author Posted Replies

Banana trees are great house plants
A month ago I got some Banana trees I bought from a company at they grow fast. You can actually see them grow. These are indoor only plants and come in small starter pots that need to be transplanted...
2
2

Old news still new not good
UK folks a head up is it true? Found this by looking about for Michael Jackson Garden designs. Bill
1
1

My Raccoon Doesn't Seem To Like Antifreeze
In this State, you're not allowed to trap and transport racs. Anyway, one time in the past using a Haveaheart, the damn dumb cat got trapped. Another time, the rac was able to somehow escape! Two...
20
20

Scrounger update
On April 30 Charlie produly stated: Yesterday and this evening I thoughtfully taked up a load of leaves (acorn by the looks) lying along neighbours fences on the footpath. These will be mulched and...

Late Blight -- Irish Potato Famine Fungus -- Attacks U.S. Northeast Gardens And Farms Hard
ScienceDaily (July 5, 2009) ? Home gardeners beware: This year, late blight -- a destructive infectious disease that caused the Irish potato famine in the 1840s -- is killing tomato and potato plants...
1
1

It has been awhile Crock started this am.
Starting out with sea salt and Cabbage in a fancy air type crock. Used to have scum and lived but German food preservation is ringing my bell. Next whatever is cheap or growing in my yard. Bill 15...
3
3

Strange pods dropping from my magnolia
I live in northern New York State (just north of Albany) and my magnolia (a M. soulangeana or M. stellata, I think; it has pink and white flowers in the spring) is dropping strange looking pods. They...
9
9

Cucumbers? ? ?
I have several cucumber vines, two outside, two in pots on a sunny balcony. They are all growing well, and are now 5 feet long. They all have loads of blooms -- but no cucumbers. The cucumbers may...

Angel trumpet and Night blooming jasmine - fertilizer recommendations
All, Have been unsuccessful in finding suggested specific fertilizer recommendations i.e., product name and application regimen for Angel trumpet and Night blooming jasmine. Typically comments are...
1
1

Ant infestation of Gardenia - how to get rid of them
All, Just found this group - what a stroke of luck. Have a nice sized gardenia in a pot - last week or so most all leaves yellowed and started falling off. This after a light application of sulphur...
31
31

ID Please
I like it but I've no idea what it is: http://i44.tinypic.com/330babn.jpgThanks.
5
5

Seed dryer
I'm looking for plans for a homebuilt seed dryer to dry the seeds from my garden. It could be either solar or electric powered. If anyone can direct me to an appropriate site etc. I'd be appreciative....
26
26

Arctic Kiwi - Need to save them
I have both a male and a female Arctic Kiwi plants - both 1yr old. We just had a harsh rain storm with hale and one of the plants broke at ground level. Will the plant grow back from the roots? If I...
3
3

Tomato concern
I decided to start a small garden in the front yard (suffering odd looks from the neighbors). It's a great sunny location, the back is so shady as to be unacceptable. Anyway, I have five tomato...
13
13

Preen Product
When I planted my garden this Spring I sprinkled Preen all over it to prevent weeds. I have never used it before and this year all I'm having good luck growing are huge onions, My tomatoes and peppers...
10
10