Subject Author Posted Replies

What are these plants, and how do I not kill them!
Hi, you'll probably guess from the title of this thread that I know next to nothing about gardening! I bought my first house in August, which has a small front yard. On the front wall is some kind of...
3
3

Original Greenhouse Heating Question
Just to clarify the question, here's my original post to the home improvement group: We have a small greenhouse attached to the south side of our home. It's 14' X 12' with a shed roof tapering from...
10
10

These trees cut winter’s bitter cold winds
Winter is the perfect time to plan for spring planting and for the many years ahead. The bare branches allow you to see the =93skeleton=94 of your landscape and where you need to flesh it out with new...
1
1

Greenhouse heating question
In another newsgroup, there's a discussion about heating a greenhouse. Electric heaters were mentioned. Also kerosene, but comments were made about fumes and stickiness. Someone recommended a plain...
23
23

Veggie platter sweet pepper variety?
Hi. Can anybody give me a variety name for the mini sweet yellow and red peppers that the supermarkets have in their veggie platters? I bought a bag at Costco today and I thought I would grow some...
10
10

1st catalog of 2010
Spring can not be far behind! I received my first plant catalog in yesterday's mail: Territorial Plants. There are a few new items to look at but mostly the new and improved varities of the old. ;0...
1
1

Green onions - slow-germinating
Does anybody else have this problem? I am constantly observing that green onions take forever to poke their tiny heads up; most annoying. You? Is there a brand that's any faster than the others? TIA...
1
1

sweet potatoes
I am going to plant a row of yams in the the procedure about sprouting the roots (called something else) and when to plant. any tips appreciated
16
16

Are you as daft as me?
So, who else will be as daft as me on Christmas day and sow their broad bean seeds? I'll be out there, the forecast is frost free and may be damp. Just right for sowing! Happy Christmas All the best...
10
10

Charlie & Billy - Cider success
Chaz & Bill. I opened a bottle today, very drinkable. It was a nice warm summery day. I knocked off at midday to start a 3 week summer holiday. Stopped by the union centre on the way home & took the...
1
1

Sunleaves
Sunleaves are the large leaves at the base of and associated with secondary branches. I assume their role is to feed the secondaries with products of photosynthesis and release of stored mobile...
9
9

Seed for Growing Tomato
I've always bought from Gurneys and Henries (which are owned by the same parent company) and RareSeeds gets more and more of my business as they have a wonderful selection of heirloom and different...
13
13

Tomatoe grafting from Johnny's Spam Spam Spam
Something else I never heard of before. Came in the mail this AM. Bill ............................................................... "Are you planning to grow tomatoes next year? If so, you might...
6
6

Bird feeder in snow
Bill's post on winter when it snows prompted me to upload this taken yesterday: made bird feeder temporarily rests on deck rails as I take it down in the spring when I start container gardening. Had...
5
5

Winter when it snows
White soft contours where there was small bush Now small birds find home Looking for a few seeds foot prints with three toes Form a image Quiet rules still it would be nice if the furnace folk...
3
3