Subject Author Posted Replies

Study Links Monsanto GM Corn to Organ Failure
Study Links Monsanto GM Corn to Organ Failure A new study claims to have uncovered new health effects caused by genetically modified corn from the agricultural giant Monsanto. The International...
1
1

Time lapse tomato seedlings
A Canadian friend sent me this link to a really cute video showing tomato seedlings growing over a week of time-lapse photography. Lovely, graceful, heart-warming. http://www.vimeo.com/4574660
1
1

Frozen compost
Anyone else's compost pile frozen?? At least the top and sides are frozen, but did not want to disturb the worms, if any, on the bottom. We are just beginning to end this cold snap. E. TN
1
1

A tad bit OT Yields Walden and Much more
I've not been able to use this ware until now due to the CD required classic Mac . Many Stars. A CD for $10 will be available for about another week that works with PC folks. Bill...

Garden Hose Extension Needed
I need a 25' garden hose extension so I don't have to crawl through the bushes to the faucet on the house. I can find 6'-10' ones and don't want to string them together. Of course, it has to handle...
4
4

Bare root strawberries
Has anyone in the So. Calif coastal area grown OZARK BEAUTY?

Happy New Year friends, and a little catch up
Happy New Year friends! Maddie here, peeking over the hedge at ya'll. It's a bit frigid here where I am, but there are lots of new garden wonders to thrill me, even in it's early stage. I went outside...

Small Critters identified by sound
Chinese say having one in your house is a good thing. I pretend that there is one in my house to help deal with tinnitus. What ever works. Anyway the folks at the Scout Report found this for us....

We are what we eat I once read
Pollan has a cheap pamphlet cost $5.00 ............... Easier to read above URL Bill .............. CSPI Urges FDA Crackdown on False & Misleading Food Labeling New Report Makes Case for Ending Food...
2
2

Swapping your Gardening Skills
Hi my name is Julie form Oddjobswap. We are a members website and we are all about swapping. We thought it best to join because we have an IT Repair/Trainer guy in London who is looking for Gardening...

Gotta haves and a wish or two
Annuals Tithonia Mexican Sunflower Torch and Moon Flowers. I am looking for RED RED morning glories for hummers. White Flower Just listed HABENARIA Bog Orchid H. radiata one for $ 15.95 good to zone 6...
2
2

Pittosporum too tall
At the back of my property , near a block wall giving on an alley, I had some pittosporum put in, oh maybe 6-7 years ago? They have grown very , very tall - maybe over 20 feet -- practically reaching...
6
6

Mo Bowman
Hi...... As you can see I have never asked a question before so not too sure I am doing this right !!!!!!! My question is: I have a log burning stove and would like to know if I can put the burnt ash...
5
5

Pachira Aquatica - leaves dropping and my grow-lamp
Hello, This is a question regarding my Pachira Aquatica tree - see the following pic : I got it back in June, and it's been shedding leaves ever since. In the summer months it's wasn't too bad after...
2
2

OT Party excuses tied to time light planet rotation nothing
Wondering if you gardeners have any excuses you would like to share. Here is one for April 30 Valborgsmässoafton an excuse to celebrate with fire etc. ässoafton&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 Bill Crab soup for...
2
2