Subject Author Posted Replies

What could this be?
We have two small conifer's outside our house and from the bottom upwards they have gone brown, so we cut off all the dead and gave it some fresh soil but we pulled out what looked like a bread roll -...
2
2

Keeping Two Legged Critters Out Of Your Veggie Garden
In a previous post I mentioned setting up a table in the front yard offering excess veggies for free to the deprived folks in our town. As the economy continues to worsen ( and don't believe for a...
3
3

Expired Grass Seed Any Good?
The other day when I was at my local hardware store, they were already starting to put out the grass seed, fertilizer, garden hoses, flower and vegetable seeds, and other spring items. So anyway, when...
3
3

My Garden Game Plan For This Year
The vegetable bed will be fifty feet long and three and a half feet wide. It's located in my back yard which is sod right now. I'm going to remove the sod by hand and then double dig the entire bed...
1
1

Indoor ant problem - please help
I've got major ant problem in my kitchen. I've already posted the details here: 'd really appreciate it if someone could read the message I've posted, and give me some specific advice. Thanks.
10
10

Oily Water Turned Soil Gray!!!
Hi everyone, A few months ago, my car had a major oil leak ( Rear Main Seal ), and when I started it up, oil basically POURED right out in A STREAM, and my car went through one quart of oil in like 5...
4
4

Is Double Digging Worth All The Extra Effort?
Many gardening sites recommend double digging especially when starting a new garden bed. Sounds like a whole lot of work but I'm no stranger to hard work! Think I'll give it a try this year even...
13
13

Weed Field Tomatoes
I just can't resist telling this story! Many years ago, a friend invited my wife and I to a picnic. There were about 50 people there. Beer, fresh catfish and trout frying in cast iron pans, a big...
4
4

Intensive Gardening Has My Interest
Intensive gardening seems to produce great crops with many added advantages to single row planting. I'm going to give it a shot this year. I'm going to use a 50'x3 1/2' bed and see what happens as far...

Water softeners and indoor potted plants.
We have indoor potted plants and trees and will soon have an indoor herb garden, once I get off my lasy ass and build some shelving and wire some lights. Our water is softened and also charcoal...
8
8

Black Heirloom Tomatoes
I'll be growing some black heirloom tomatoes this season for the first time. Black Prince and Black from Tula. Although I never tasted a black tomato I hear they are very good indeed. As a tomato...
13
13

Nemaslug - used it?
Hi, I started using nemaslug last year. Really, really impressed with it. It is quite expensive, but when you work out the cost of spreading slug pellets over a 6 week period, it cant be much...
1
1

Grow A Little Extra This Year If You Can! Help A Neighbor :)
I have been out of work for over two years now when my company downsized in this poor economy. Times are tough and going to get a whole lot tougher for sure! I'm very lucky in the respect that I'm 61...
27
27

Pruning old roses and old grapes - help!
Hi, I just joined this forum as there seem to be a lot of smart gardeners posting here and I desperately need some advice. I have taken over a very big garden that was once well planted then...
4
4

ot Ping Farml
From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout 1994-2010. Australian War Memorial: Of Love and War Australian War Memorial's online version of their exhibit Of Love and War illustrates how war...