Subject Author Posted Replies

ot Mandarin and bullet trains

Adding pond slime to plants
We have a lot of plants in pots. When scraping the bottom of the pond we bring up a greenish muddy slime. Someone said they thought this would be nutritious to mix with the soil in the plant pots....
9
9

Junkyard Poet of Whirligigs and Windmills
Good read. May not last long. Vollis Simpson, a 91-year-old in North Carolina, is the creator of some of the most recognizable works of outsider, or visionary, art.
2
2

Please ID this tree.....
I have two young trees in pots, don't know what they are. Each growing (new growth) tip branch consists of 8 leaves. Each leaf is almost perfect oval, only slightly pointed a the tip. They are abt 1...
3
3

horse manure for garden?
have been looking for some cheap compost or composted manure for garden and have found a source of some clean manure & sawdust mix.........this person will give me this stuff for free, and will load...
5
5

Help: Weeping Cherry not doing well - growth maybe?
I have a fairly large weeping cherry approx 10 years old 8' high by 12' wide that appears to be not healthy. I live in the NE USA NYC area. The tree sits in full sun and in a 12' to 15" planted area...
2
2

Billy, Chuck etc - stupidity update
45 odd litres of quality organic apple juice sitting in my laundry fermenting away on its way to being some nice, aheam cough, tasty cider. Fewer mishaps this year than last year. 2 problems. First...
8
8

Weed killer will harm Costus/Ginger?
South Florida zone 10b. I have planted some Costus (Ginger family) in a 50' long planter area. However the weeds are growing like wild fire and I am unable to keep up with pulling them. I wanted to...
23
23

Raised beds for school gardening club
Hi, can anyone give any advice and help regarding making or buying raised beds for school gardening club. We have very limited funds and would like the cheapest option. Thanks for any suggestions
11
11

Instructions for Honda FG201 Tiller
I've just bought a second hand Honda FG201 tiller, but it came without any instructions. Has anyone got an instruction book I could copy please? If someone could scan it and email to I would be very...
4
4

Laying a bradstone cobble circle. What Base needed???
just about to lay a bradstone cobbled circle which are cobbles held together by plastic base. Can any one suggest what to lay as a base and then whats best to fil gaps with after

Happy Easter
Happy Easter to all my garden friends! May your plants be full of beautiful colored eggs and like seeds, grow beauty with love. Happy Easter! Donnna in WA
5
5

Small garden commences
I know it's not like the rest of you guys here, but hey, we can't all be masters! I now have 6 tomatoes in a large container pot, and 2 more in ground. Had to use the front yard for the in ground due...
2
2

Small blue-white flowers in lawn, are they flowers or weeds?- photo
Some pretty little flowers have sprung up in a section of the lawn this spring. I suspect they are weeds, but if by chance they are some kind of flowers, I'll transplant them. Photo here: Carolina...
15
15

FLORAL'S & GRADEN'S
1.)Who doesn't love getting a surprise package in the mail? LittleSomething makes it easy and affordable for businesses or individuals to brighten someone's day, say thanks or make a meaningful...
1
1