Subject Author Posted Replies

Organic Gardening with Herbs & Spices
I am an Organic Gardener, treating plants with Herbs & Spices, No chemicals required. I am online to solve your problems My site will answer om my site Thanks B. Shah
4
4

Scale on Phalaenopsis
I have a Phalaenopsis in a greenhouse window in my breakfast room. It seems to do quite well there, blooming every year. However, it and the other plants in the window seem to get infested with scale....
8
8

Do soaker hoses stop soaking after a while?
Do soaker hoses stops soaking after a while? Do they clog up after many years of sitting outside all year long in a location that freezes? Don (e-mail link at home page bottom).
1
1

A Bit Of Clarification Requested Re Using Lime For Lawn Grass Problem, Please. And, Re Lime Usage
Hello, Thanks for all the replies re using lime to help my moss problem on my grass. One thing wasn't too clear though. Will applying the lime, work mainly to help prevent new moss from forming due to...
7
7

Bottle Brush is blooming
Last year I planted a minature Bottle Bush. This morning I noticed that one bunch of (pods?) is opening. A beautiful red. It is getting ready to bust out all over. In a few more days.... WOW! The wait...
1
1

moss gardens
In another group, a man was talking about ridding moss from his yard. After a bit of banter between pro-moss and ant-moss folks, I said I would have a moss garden and name it after him. Actually,...
9
9

Covering a tree stump?
I'm a novice gardener and have just started working on my garden and have found a big tree stump in a large flower bed area that I was intending to dig over and cover with decorative stones (as I...
4
4

Can Styro Cooler Be Used As A Cold Frame?
I want to harden off all my vegetable seedlings a week or two before planting in the garden. My problem is that I don't care for the fact that I have to carry all of them in and out of the house each...
2
2

best grass for few mowings?
The front yard of our new place had 2 medium-small trees, stony topsoil (subsoil, really) with lots of pebbles, and the sparsest looking front lawn that I've ever seen. Trees are coming out by...
2
2

Lawn And Moss: Getting Rid Of ?
Hello, Live in New England, outside of Boston. Boy, what a great season for Moss. Never had so much. What's a good way of ridding a grass lawn of Moss without killing any underneath grass (assuming...
14
14

In Memory of Ralph Snodsmith
In memory of Ralph Snodsmith, host of the garden hotline for 35 years miss you Ralph! See related links to what you are looking for.
1
1

plant with translucent stem
I have just seen a plant in an "Open Garden"that I would like in my garden but the owner does not know its name. It has a singlebtranslucent stem (a bit like a balsam plant but it is a perrenial,not...

Wood From Pallets - Treated Or Safe?
I have access to a small supply of discarded pallets from unloading trucks. Is this wood safe for building raised beds for vegetables? How can I tell if it is treated or not? Thanks.
4
4

broken/ripped/torn leaf
I have a young plant with ultra large leafs, but today I accidently ripped one of the leafs. What's best thing to do? I'm worried that the plant will lose the leaf or even die, because of the rip.
2
2

Weeds on greens?
I've never seen weeds on greens, even on the cheapest of golf courses. So does that mean that the grass used for greens repels weeds or is it because of the skills of green-keepers? The reason I ask,...
81
81