Subject Author Posted Replies

Do All Onions Act This Way?
This is my first year growing onions. I'm growing Copra storage onions. Planted the onion sets a week ago. I noticed the tops are bending over and trying to bury themselves in the ground. Some of the...
7
7

Growing radishes? ? ?
There's a definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. I guess that applies to me. For years, I have planted radishes -- in various times, in various...
6
6

Strategy for peppers
How is this for a strategy: I will feed heavy nitrogen until the plants are about 20 inches tall. During this time I snip emerging buds. After the plant has grown to height, I reduce the nitrogen and...
9
9

Clematis propagating
I'm moving and have an established clematis, can I take some to re-plant and if so, how?
4
4

Strange Azalea
I have an informal hedge of 'George Taber' azaleas in front of my camellias. The azaleas are blooming right now. A close-up photo of a flower is at . One of the plants has a branch with flowers that...
1
1

How to save my cordyline?
Hello everyone, I have recently acquired a garden so thought I would try my hand for the first time at gardening. I got a cordyline, but it appears to be dying - the leaves are turning brown and dying...
2
2

Clematis Problem
Hello people, This is my first post so please excuse me if it is not in correct format or is in wrong place ! We moved into our home in August 2009. The garden is not very big, but is very pretty with...
2
2

honda 2160
Can Anyone Tell Me Where I Can Buy A Gear Box For A Honda 2160 Lawn Mower

Feeding of Roses ?
I am a very new rose grower (I hope). I have read that Miracle Gro plant food (the kind you mix in water), and fish emulsion are good basics. Can I mix the two in one gallon of water , for one...
33
33

Rabbits Eating My Asparagus
YES, rabbits will indeed eat asparagus! I just put a new asparagus bed in this spring. I planted one year crowns only to discover that rabbits are nipping off the young asparagus shoots as fast as...
3
3

Using Daffodil remains as part of Organic matter
Hi All, I bought a bag of Daffodil bulbs the other year, which never found their way into the garden, subsequently, I found them in the garage today, dry to more or less crumbly, flaky dust, nothing...
13
13

"Potassium Soaps Of Fatty Acids": Safe ?
Hello, Lawn is in reasonable shape, but areas of Moss. Live in New England. Bought a container of a liquid Moss killer (goes on hose end)that has as it's (only) active ingredient something called:...
6
6

pergola
i have a pergola in my garden which had passion flowers growing over it been there for quite a few years now but it has died could anyone recommend a replacement i could plant i would like lots of...

Off Topic Guns vs. Butter
See if you can identify the bleeding heart liberal who said this: ""Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and...

Atttention Garden Banter Admin
Could a member of Garden Banter please contact their administrator and get the fool posting from 212.219.188.229 booted. He posts as 'teresa green', 'sack of gold', 'sack of steel' and 'enflamed...
3
3