Subject Author Posted Replies

Making a soaker hose.
I need a short length of soaker hose. Can I take a regular hose and drill holes into it to make one? If so, how far apart and what diameter hole do I need. Richard
10
10

Millions of greenfly in Leeds
Anyone else noticed how many there are this early in the year - I walked through a park yesterday and was covered in them - I've not seen a single ladybird this year.

Kudzu and Ozone not good
release date: 17-May-2010 [ Print | E-mail | Share ] [ Close Window ] Contact: Fariss Samarrai 434-924-3778 University of Virginia Invasive kudzu is major factor in surface ozone pollution, study...

Free compost
Whee! Saturday, the city of Santa Monica offered free compost, first come first served. My neighbor took me over in his pickup. Early as we were,there was already a line ahead of us. Finally we got to...
4
4

Not tonight
Did anyone ever try the aspirin water?
1
1

What a let down - incorrect labels
Sigh, last fall I planted white and purple alliums in a 1-3 ratio hoping for a fun, polka dot effect in the back of the border for a few weeks. All 30+ bloomed purple. My bad for buying at a box store...

TGTA Newsletter Issue # 33
TGTA Newsletter Issue # 33 TGTA Newsletter is a gardening based newsletter published online monthly by TGTA and it's membership. It's free to any one who enjoys gardening and we welcome others to...
3
3

Great Roses in Maryland
My wife's many rose bushes are unusually prolific and healthy this year. I've noticed a few other yards in our area with great roses as well. We're in Maryland, just north of Baltimore. I wonder if...
1
1

creepers
I have had this climber for almost 3 years and untill recently, has been doing really well. Alas it produced hundreds of leaves last weekend and we had 2 - 3 nights where the temperature dropped to 3...
4
4

Garden in August
I am having at party at the end of August and want the garden to look really good. What do I need to plant now to enable that to happen. What plants will flower at the end of August to add colour to...

kashmir cypress from seeds or where to buy.
Hi All, I have been unable to find this tree at any local nursery or any place on the net that will ship to northern CA so I decided to purchase some seeds from e-bay. Well I have been having a hell...

Mulch shredded newspaper
Mulch shredded newspaper I was thinking of using shredded newspaper to mulch the strawberry bed. Anybody try this? Good idea, bad idea Bill in VA
12
12

Advice please on creating a new raised lawn over wetland with Giant Hogweed
I am buying a house that I will demolish & replace with a new one. In the garden, the existing lawn descends gently down to a nice stream/river. But, between the upper parts of the lawn and the stream...
6
6

I Got Grubs!
One by one, my basil, tomato, squash, etc... seedlings begins to die for no apparent reason. Digging up the soil around some of the dead plants, I found some of the grubs curling up near the root zone...

I must have dug a thousand dandelions today
I'm trying to reclaim a big flower bed that has been neglected for a couple of years. Rather than spray it with Roundup, I've been digging out the weeds (mostly dandelions.) The depressing thing is...
10
10