Subject Author Posted Replies

Garden Studio
Hello Friend~!! Garden Escape - For innovative and attractive designs in wood and glass to create Garden Rooms, Garden Offices & Garden Office Buildings 'Garden Studio' (

Could It Soon Be Against The Law To Have A Home Garden In The U.S. ???
Only time will tell but this bill and Monsanto will sure hurt the little guy! Senate Bill S510 Makes it illegal to Grow, Share, Trade or Sell Homegrown Food - NWO Fighters
33
33

let it rot
after nosing through the book the other day the only thing that struck me as different/interesting from what i've read elsewhere was that the author recommended not using charcoal in the compost pile...
5
5

Polyanthus repeat blooms in late summer?
Hi Last Autumn I planted plug plants of polyanthus in a south facing, sheltered and partially shaded bed in front of the house (Leeds, UK). Rather than dig them up to replace with Summer bedding, I...

My lopsided apple tree
the main stem of my apple tree looks dead but is still growing from a huge branch on the side. I get loads of apples from it but it's practically hanging on the floor and looks a mess. Should I try to...
2
2

Moving the irises after tough summer
OK - here's the deal in as few words as possible. My existing bearded iris bed is overgrown and needs to be moved and divided up. Worse, the location has become filtered afternoon sun over the last...
7
7

DIY Greenhouse Plans
Have put together a website for small greenhouse plans if anyone needs help. http://www.squidoo.com/smallgreenhouseplans
1
1

Zukes ond gender bias
Is there some reason why a zuke plant would only put out male flowers? I've so far gotten three HUGE zukes but all I see lately is just new male flowers. There are quite a lot of them coming in but no...
11
11

Laurel hedging
Hello I bought some 6 foot laurels a few weeks back in pots. We have been unable to plant them, and have had to leave them in their pots. We have been watering them regularly and hopefully should get...
2
2

New garden question
I have an area 5' x 45' along side my garage. I just added about 6" of Top Soil to level. I want to plant tomatoes there next year because gets lot of hours of sun. Anyway my question is what to do...
15
15

How to save pear tree with split trunk
I have a small red pear tree that produces the most wonderful red pears. A while ago I discovered the trunk had split: 's easy to see why, though I had no idea that the twin leaders would cause this...
6
6

Greenhouse glazing
I'd like to replace the roof on my solar (semi hoop) cabana. I shelter a few plants in it in the winter (and myself too), so I'm not so concerned about light transmission. The roof gets little light...
5
5

Add Topsoil Or Mix Manure/Compost With Existing Soil?
Hi, I am terracing a slope on our yard. I am unsure whether to put in topsoil or just mix manure or compost into the existing soil. Wouldn't the latter allow a higher concentration of plant matter?...
20
20

Two questions- Asiatic Lilies and Persimmon trees
Hi all I just got some Asiatic Lilies and put them in today. Very pretty plants. I was wondering, though- will they spread? There were 3 stems per pot, and I got 3 pots, and spaced them about 11...
6
6

Informational
Don't let these classic superstitions waste your time or harm your plants
14
14