Subject Author Posted Replies

Bay tree rescue help please?
Hello all, This is my 1st post on this forum so please no newbie bullying. I've been given a relatively mature Bay tree (approx 1.25m high) by a kind customer of mine. She has had it from seed but in...
4
4

Composting for Carex Testacea
Hi. I am about to plant a mature carex testacea and wondering what kind of compost is best. I have John Innes No3 mature plant compost and farm manure. Could you tell me which would be better for this...

Send Flowers Worldwide!!!
Overseas Flower Delivery is one of the major online flower networks distributors with coverage in every state, town and city in the world. Overseas Flower Delivery created a national and international...

Wildflowers of Israel
Here's an interesting article about origin of many seeds we grow in So. Calif: =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Wildflowers of Israel by Leslie Berliant, Contributing Writer Lupinus Mountain...
9
9

magnolia problems
Hi, I have just refurbished my house and garden, normally lawnmower is a sheep or two!? Now having put so many man hours in livestock are locked out. I have planted about 70 planters on the patio area...
3
3

Fall is sticky pot season
In the last few days, I've been finding some great sticky pots Green Envy cone flower Toad lily A pale blue Siberian iris A "ragged leaf" veronica Cheryl
5
5

Best ULtrasonic device for cats please
First of all, I am glad to have joined the forum and have enjoyed reading some of the posts. I am having trouble with a cat that keeps fouling right next to my house(10cm). To make matters worse there...
16
16

Gloxinnia tuber splitting
I have this tuber that is getting large and would like to know how to cut it up into smaller ones so I can still use it. Also, what season to do this...approaching Fall now here in the east. Tools...

Possible book of interest
TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL
1
1

Preparing a lawn for Autumn Winter
Can anyone help? I have spent a lot of time this spring and summer bringing my lawn back to life after a year of abuse (we had an extension built and the builders used our back lawn as a dumping...
16
16

Buying Redwoods ?
Where is the best place to buy little Redwood trees in 15gal containers? I am in the SF Bay area and would not mind driving a little. Cheers, Shawn PS: What is the best way to carry them in the back...
2
2

Poem for Autumn
Around this time, when even in my mild climate, plants are reacting to the change in seasons, my thoughts turn to Keats' beautiful poem: John Keats. 1795=961821 To Autumn SEASON of mists and mellow...

Help identifying purple plant
Help identify Purple Plant Grows on my allotment each year, no fruit and comes to best condition around September. Now about 5 feet - 1.5 metres tall and has about 6 stems, one of which is shown on...
3
3

Dried out window boxes
Well, I let 3 window boxes wither. One was petunias, one marigolds, and one Alyssum. The petunias were still green but brittle. The marigolds had a couple decent blooms still, and were not quite...
5
5

OT...Yet the practice of the wild.
How often do you get a book review before it is released? Well there is always a first time. Gary Snyder is getting up there and this may be his last book I hope not. In a garden group that banters...