Subject Author Posted Replies

question
hey i was wondering...what this group is all about? Thanks!
4
4

Joshua Trees and sun orientation
I make note of the sun orientation ob our Japanese Maples. Buried in this URL I found the below quote. Joshua Trees The trees, protected under California law, will be given new homes after their...

OT...Shen Yun Performing Arts
I'm looking at Feb 22 in Philadelphia. A true break in our winter blues I hope. Official site of the world's premier classical Chinese dance and music company, Shen Yun Performing Arts. Tickets,...
2
2

New Garden equipment for your use
the above link and you will get more details http://www.grassstitcher.com/affiliates/uid/thulamswathivisit
33
33

Composting for Carex Testacea
I am trying to find the best soil mix for Carex Testacea. I tried giving farm manure (recommended by the nursery I bought it from) but after a week the tips of the leaves started wilting and turning...
1
1

pink flowering escallonia hedge
I am no expert on gardening and would really appreciate some advice. I have a escallonia hedge running along the side of my house. The side of the house that it runs along is north facing but most of...
2
2

Wet and changing
Things are dripping Large branch announced by breaking Most everyone carries on as usual But the feeders are bereft of real activity. Wonder why a storm from the south 1000 miles a way sends clues to...

container centerpiece
hi i have bought a large pot for front garden and would like some advice as to a shrub i can put in same, needs to be evergreen for interest had thought of japanese maple but i dont know if they are...
9
9

Japanese knotweed
I'm trying to obtain some Japanese knotweed. I'd need a cutting of the rhizomes. Does anyone know where I may be able to obtain this plant? I live near Cambridge and would like to pick up some...
5
5

Attack Of The Stinkbugs
Specifically the Brown Marmorated Stinkbug which has apparently been in the US less than 15 yrs. This is my 1st experience with any kind of stinkbug. Suspend SC (Deltamethrin 4.75%) kills them but...
5
5

How to preserve some pumpkins for a month until Halloween
We have 5 nice Halloween-sized carving pumpkins in our garden, but the associated vines are just about dried up and I don't want the pumpkins to rot on the ground or in our garage, at least not until...
8
8

Cucumbers
Can the long,grabby, attaching things on a cucumber, can you cut those and redirect the plant? MJ
6
6

Lawn care help (Chicago)!
I know this is about gardens, but seems to be the closest usenet group where I may find some expertise about lawns. Specifically: (1) What is the best way to "dethatch" and "aerate" a small lawn...
7
7

Help
Hello. This is my first post and its a question. Can you help me identify this plant please? All I can tell you is it was either in the Peat we bought or in a pack of Bonsai seeds. 'Imageshack - '...
2
2

Gourds
I bought a couple of small gourds today at the grocery store, I'm not sure if they are cucurbita or lagenaria. They *look* like bottle gourds, but are a little too colorful. I want to try curing and...
2
2