Subject Author Posted Replies

First frost
In New Hampshire - don't know if the sheltered tomatoes got it or not, but the rime is on the roof. Better get that garden put to bed Cheryl

Container gardening
How often should a commercially-available potting mix (i.e., a soil- less growing media) be COMPLETELY removed and replaced with new commercially-available potting mix?". (I'm not referring to...
3
3

Help with Mantis Tiller transmission repair
I think there is a loose object in my tillers transmission case. It will run a bit and then sieze. If I take the transmission off and turn it backwards by hand or wrench it eventually clears up. I can...
2
2

Horse Manure
I am looking for some free horse manure in the Stockport / Hyde or Denton area of Gt Manchester. Has anyone got any please.
3
3

Greenhouse's
Hello, I am a 17 year old student from a school in kidderminster and as part of my A Level technology project, I have to do a piece cousrework based around a greenhouse environment controller. As...
4
4

Fall crops - Zone 5-6
My fall crops worked out very well for me here in central PA this season. I started purple cauliflower under grow lights June 1 and set them out in the garden July 10. I harvested a wonderful crop...

pears or peaches?
i am totally for peaches.
1
1

Evergreen hedge for a cold garden
Hi, I am looking for a hardy evergreen hedge, that will take temperatures down to -20C and will not dieback or go brown. I would like the hedge to form a windbreak and to provide winter shelter for...
1
1

Nice yard sale buy
15 twenty-four ounce containers of Amdro. Two bucks each. Steve

planting a new rose bed
any suggestions as to heavily scented roses; alternatively, exceptionally beautiful roses for a new bed which I aim to plant out this backend? a list of 10 each of scented and beautiful ones would be...
2
2

Starting a hedge trimmer?
'cos it won't ;-( I bought a new hedge trimmer a couple of weeks ago, since when it has of course tipped it down. Now it's dry enough to use the thing I can of course not get it started. When I bought...
6
6

apples or oranges?
what is it going to be?
21
21

thinking about a coldframe
I recently found 8 double paned roughly 32" by 34" windows that a friend gave me about 10 years ago. I always meant to build a cold frame, but never got around to it. We just recently moved to a new...
7
7

Hen & Chick
I got this plant earlier this summer in a 4" inch pot, and its growing well as I keep it moistured. I have no idea how tall it would get, if at all. Does anyone know?
5
5

Urgent Help Needed Identification Of Unknown Plants
Hello everyone .... This is my my first post here...joined quite new to this ..i need the help of experienced gardeners in identifying a few plants...i recently came back after so many years and my...
6
6