Subject Author Posted Replies

The Many Dimensions of Plant Tissue Culture Research
Anyone doing this ? New to me. I think of drought tolerant when I read "The potential for selecting pathogen free plants, for selecting stress-tolerant and pathogen-resistant clones of plants, and the...

High Fructose Corn Syrup
Yep, we talked about it last week here. I see the commercial on every "Good Eats" cable show. I am now seeing it on cereal box labels also. We also mentioned the exact same phrase. "sugar is sugar"?...
23
23

some leaves or is leafs
Looks like it is hard to walk about outside. But slushing about in heavy leaf is a fall joy. I was going to clear a path yesterday but wife calmed me by pointing out it was a fond memory kicking them...
1
1

Dead Laurels (Prunus Laurocerasus)
Could anyone throw any light on the cause of dead laurel bushes? They are about 15ft tall and more so very established. The leaves and bark are a terrible black, withered colour and this has spread...
1
1

Orchid Phalaenopsis question
I've had this orchid going on 5 years now...the second year I got a flower and that was in the spring, here on the mid atlantic coast. Year after year, its getting taller and healthy looking...but not...
2
2

Are you addicted(on topic)(sort of)
here are 20 questions taken from the official site of gardeners Anonymous. These questions are provided to help the individual decide if he or she is a compulsive gardener and wants to stop gardening....

Sweet corn grown in lawn
An amazing and audacious experiement, growing sweet corn in lawn. My neighbour, who has the run off where I plant a crop of sweet corn every season, has finally decided at 93 that it is time he moved...
18
18

Search a lonely wife and date her
Search a lonely wife and date her
1
1

An Apple apologist... or something else?
The "person" you refer to is an idiot who is consumed with his hatred for you. Even though he admits it is a bug from Apple he blames you. He think you and Steve Jobs are the same person. I guess last...
43
43

Crazy
Harvested 6 tomatoes today. It's 48 degrees outside! And I have a PILE of habanero peppers on the stalks that I will get tomorrow! Small but still edible, and hopefully hot as hell! Chris
1
1

Taste of Fall
Taste of Fall in the Catskills Red Maple Maple, Spruce: Pear including young Planetrees: Coffee Tree: kids, Jilly & Blackie: it snow: http://i53.tinypic.com/dxxqiw.jpgMaple:...
12
12

OT Gummi Bears
from Aussie Kids Foil Finger Scanner With Gummi Bears Posted by samzenpus on Thursday October 28, @02:10AM from the gummi-security dept. security writes "An Australian high school has installed...

Too quiet
Sure gets quiet around here come October. Is there a NG for my area (So. Calif coastal) where we garden all year? If any knows, give me a holler. Tx Persephone
7
7

Are these 3 Acer platanoides cultivars actually the same tree?
I saw a specimen of -Acer platanoides- 'Palmatifidum' today at The Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh and immediately fell in love with the leaf shape, however after looking it up online and in the...

Plant identification
Hi, this is my first post here. I was hoping someone could identify the two flowers shown in the attached pics. I think I have seen both in the Gardeners' World tv show garden. I have asked the same...
4
4