Subject Author Posted Replies

Calcium Sulfate / Gypsum
Where can I buy a pound or two of this and not have the shipping be crazy? Where could I buy it in say a local store? I have all the other chemicals for my hydroponics except this one and I don't want...
7
7

Fencing dilemma for beech/hornbeam hedge
Not sure of this is a landscaping issue or gardening issue - but perhaps a bit of both... My family and I moved into a new house over the summer and are thinking of installing some fencing to improve...

cuttings from Ilex.
Hi. I intend to form a hedge using Ilex `Golden King.`My question is, is it viable to take cuttings from an existing `Golden King` I have, and when would be the best time. I have heard that a...
1
1

Leaf Mulchers
All, I am trying to find a good leaf mulcher/shredder (a UK version of the US Flowtron). Most of them however are the shoulder held versions, I would like one that I can put over a bin, in to which I...
1
1

Green Wall - Living Wall - Vertical Garden
Hi I am British and currently live in China - I am doing some research into this topic. My findings so far have been a little mixed but the one issue that is cropping up - Cost Does any member have...
2
2

Just dug my cannas today
No idea how I'm gonna keep them alive until spring ("spring" means about May.) Do you think this will work? I'll keep them in an cardboard box out in the garage (much cooler than the house, but it...
1
1

hollyhock, foundation and gas meter question
Hi All, I have a huge Hollyhock growing next to my gas meter up against the cement foundation of my house (wood floor house with crawl space). Does this Hollyhock present an kind of danger to either...
8
8

Established Azaleas Dying
I live in northeast Florida, a warm climate. I have a large bed of azaleas covering an area about 30 feet long and 10 feet wide. There are probably 25 plants in this large area, all planted 35 years...
6
6

bougainvillea indoors
This hanging pot bloomed for me most of the summer on my north patio where I get a lot of sun for a north exposure. Usually, I bring it in start of Fall with the weather getting cooler. In about a...

Eaarth
Eaarth: Making a Life on a Tough New Planet by Bill McKibben (available at libraries near you) was a little disappointing, but only because I expected more, based on his Scientific American, April...
2
2

OT Newsreader for Outlook ??
Sorry for the off topic post, but I have tried elsewhere, and cannot get any info. On my new computer, I have Windows 7, which does not include Outlook Express, which I have on this old computer,...
1
1

Which flowers are these?
Which flowers are these, please? you! sherman http://itsgreece.org/cluster_of_flowers.jpgThank

Leaf Fall, composting and special offer!
I have a huge oak tree and a silver birch, both of which overhang my back garden so at this time of year all I spend my time in the garden doing is picking up leaves then shoving them in the...
8
8

Bald Cyprus Trees
Bald Cyprus grow well almost anywhere and don't need to grow in a swamp or have a lot of additional water in most areas. In fall their leaves turn bright red. They put out hundreds of cones each year...

cider making - labour saving devices (Billy, charles et al)
Chaps Looking forward to he next cider making season, a few months down the line, I had a brainwave for a labour saving device. Rather than putting chopped up apples through a food processor (and...
3
3