Subject Author Posted Replies

Monster of a Beech Hedge
Hello everybody! I am the owner of an absolute monster of a beech hedge. It runs North/South between our garden and the road. Its about 15 feet high, 6-8 feet wide and runs for about 200 yards. The...
5
5

Japanese Aucura
I live just west of Baltimore. I want to purchase five or six Japanese Aucuras. Hopefully two 5 gallon shrubs and three or four 3 gallon shrubs. I want to buy them locally so I can inspect them. Does...
1
1

crocosmia
new to gardening... can anyone give me some advice on a crocosmia i have in my garden.i recently moved to my present home to which this plant is in abundance in my front garden-it did flower last...
1
1

Such a thing as a Phal-Dendb Orchid?
Someone told me when i showed them a couple of pictures of my Orchid, which i identified as a Phal, that it was a someone explain how does it arrive with such a identification? Does it mean that it...
1
1

Bees, anyone?
Hi, My name's Estelle and I'm a product design engineering student at the University of Glasgow investigating the reasons why people choose or are put off beekeeping. I'm hoping to try and address...
67
67

Best flowering plants to grow indoors...
Hello everyone, great for you have here. I have become interested in growing flowers indoors. I want to grow them in pots and planters and keep them indoors on the windowsill etc. I don't have a...
9
9

Flour & cement powder rat poison - queries (2023 Update)
I've recently come across some articles that mention you can make your own "non-toxic" rat/mouse posion by making a 50:50 mixture of regular/ corn flour and cement powder. They eat the mixture, then...
43
43

Wild Hogs Becoming A Big Problem To Farmers And Gardeners..........
I saw a show on tv several nights ago about the destruction wild pigs are causing in the southern states of the US. It's amazing the amount of destruction they can do in a single night. It seems they...
32
32

Lawn Covered In Moss
I am doing some landscaping on my new property, close to a lake but there are trees all around the house, so not much sunlight gets to garden. Around 50% of the current lawn is covered in moss, it...
4
4

Toe tappin'
can dance to it ;O) synisterdane.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, synisterdane.com...

Please identify
Can anyone identify this climber? It is growing in Greece, but probably not indiginous. Seems to be evergreen because it has fruits and leaves in January. The fruit/seedcase is about 10cms long. I...
4
4

soil or compost
would I be able to use compost instead of packaged soil for my garden? would a combination be better? just trying to cut down on cost.
8
8

Plants/shrubs to grow at base of Leylandii hedge
I have a 50 metre Leylandii hedge which is well maintained and looked after. It sits about 7 feet tall and about 3ft at its base. My problem is this , I live on a hill with the hedge running down the...
2
2

Flowering Australian Perennials
Australia is home to some of the most diverse plant life and wildlife in the world. Its environment tends to be hot and sunny with long periods of drought. Gardeners can choose from an almost...
2
2

Gardening in space
Fellow space freaks might be interested in this article on the Subject:
1
1