Subject Author Posted Replies

What is This on my Holley?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6246962/close-P1090743.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/6246962/wide%20P1090758.jpg
3

OT: Get Kelp
Kelp may be all that is available (and it is going fast) for iodine supplements to protect against radioactive iodine, which is supposed to arrive here on the West Coast from Japan today. Most...
9
9

Watering Houseplants While Away
Hi, We will be away for a while - much longer than our houseplants can go without water. Is there a watering mechanism that will work for three weeks so we needn't have anyone come in? Thanks, Gary
5
5

2 bags of Atrazine
I've recently moved onto a new property and have come across 2 x 25kg bags of Atrazine in an outhouse. Is this stuff still legal in the UK? Someone has told me it was banned by the EU in 2004. If it...
2
2

Rainwater Harvesting Information
Hello, this is Chris Maestro with Stormchamber. Hydrologic Solutions is a family owned and operated company. We have been providing water conservation solutions, with distribution worldwide, for over...
2
2

Tulips
I planted tulip bulbs last fall, although a little later than I probably should have, and they look healthy but the stem to the flower is 1/2 an inch long. What gives? This is not the first time I...
9
9

Bending birch
Hi, I have a young polarbear(white) Birch,about 8ft,but last year when it got all its leaves it bent right over and,as I had a nearby fence handy,stabalised it at about 6ft up,stopping it from...
1
1

Potting-up fussy seedlings
I've got a bunch of more adventurous seeds on the go, which will come to pricking out / potting on before long. For now one lot have got away ahead of the pack - some seedlings of Crambe cordifolia....
1
1

grackle wars, worm news, etc.
today was the first pigbird sighting (northern hemisphere, mid-michigan). the grackle family was clumped at the top of the big dead tree along the north side, surveying their potential domain. a few...
1
1

Freezinf of chili pequin
I am planting some chili pequins in the ground and in 5 gal pots in Central Texas. Do the pots need to be moved indoors in the winter. If so, what temp? Thanks for any advice you can give
3
3

Damaged Hedge
Hi all, Im looking for some advice and hoping someone here can help. I chained my bicycle around the trunk of my garden hedge and some lowlife sawn through the trunk in order to steal my bike. I dont...
2
2

Converting a pond to a raised vegetable garden
I have a semi-circular, raised brick pond - 3.7m long x 1.5m radius x 60cm high. There is little life in it, apart from some water lilies and frogspawn which I'm donating to a neighbour. I plan to...
4
4

Pests????
I found it difficult to understand. Yesterday I remarked on how three primulas in a trough has done so well to survive our winter. They were in full bloom and about 9" high. Today I looked and there...
11
11

Blackcurrants
I bought a blackcurrant bush from a garden centre last November. It was in a pot, and before I planted it, I pruned the three branches to about two inches above ground. The three cuttings were about...
1
1

Compost to best suit Fruit & Veg's
Hi, I'm new!! We're attempting again this year to grow various plants (mostly fruit & veg) from seed, with varying success so far We're already doing our best to provide light & warmth and follow the...
7
7