Subject Author Posted Replies

Greenhouse door retaining strip
I have been given a greenhouse (can't find a maker's name on it) and the black plastic retaining strip running the whole length of the bottom of the door has split. Can anyone tell me where I might be...
1
1

Broken Canna Tip
Hi All, I'm new to this forum and have tried searching but couldn't find anything similar.... So I recently moved into a house from a flat and went gardening crazy. I planted 3 canna lily bulbs in...

Plant Identification?
Found this beauty in the woods, it stays green all winter (east TN)and it goes down in the 20's and teens a lot with this staying green. Last fall I had dug up one (I didn't dig it up until I saw I...
11
11

John Innes vs multi compost
Hi I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to explain what the main differences are between the black soil like John Innes formulas and the "multi-compost" type which is lighter in colour and...
1
1

Wild Flower Garden
Have you ever wanted a wild flower garden? A wild flower garden is not just a garden that has gone wild, in fact it is quite the opposite. A garden that has become wild normally looks a bit of a...
1
1

Re: Griselinia littoralis Hedge problem.
Photos of above: +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: hedge | |Download: ||Filename: hedge | |Download:...

night crawler egg casing
i think i finally found one in the buckets as it is much larger. 7mm instead of 3mm. now i have to wait for it to hatch to see how long the hatchlings are. :) songbird
1
1

Garden business advice wanted
Hi all, I live in a place where the nearest quarter-decent garden supply store is miles away, and the locals have to pay bridge tolls to get there and back. In addition, I live near a mass-transit...
7
7

Fuchsias - Bernisser
Hi all, I am new to this site and this is my very first post, hopefully first of many. So firstly hi to everyone. I have just started getting in to plants and gardening so I am a complete novice and...

Clematis - Jackmanii
I bought two of the above plants to use on a trellis. The plants are growing well, but are not climbing the trellis. Does this vine climb on it's own or does it have to be tied to the trellis? Thanks,...
2
2

april 1st pic
songbird
10
10

Raspberries
A friend just bought a house last fall and planted some Heritage raspberry canes last fall. She swears she'll get fruit this summer... I think she won't until next year. Who is right? Thanks Kate in...
1
1

Little White Balls in my Phartenocissus
Hello again. The spring is starting and the problems to...this time i found these small little white balls in my Parthenocissus: 'ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting' ( 'ImageShack® -...
1
1

Buying garden land ?
Hi all. Sorry if this question has been asked loads of times. Did look at the forum a could not see any posts. Im looking at buying the bottom half of my naibours garden. His garden is overgrown and...
2
2

Transforming concrete yard into beautiful green space
I have a rented flat with a small concrete yard, the floor is concrete and it is surrounded by 4 walls (one of which had some graffiti on), has a drain and that's about it. There is also some kind of...
6
6