Subject Author Posted Replies

B&S engine idles good, Smokes black at high speed.
I sometimes wonder about old engines and E10 gas. Gas companies no longer tell anyone that almost all regular gas in the US contains ethanol. I see these little bottles of E10 fuel additives in stores...
10
10

Compost
Hi, does anyone know how i can work out how many litres of soil are in a ton? B&Q do a 125ltr bag and a ton dumpy bag but i have no way of working out what is cheaper... Any help will be much...
6
6

Cordyline australis
Hi, I'm new and firstly wanted to say hello to all! I have have (had) a large Cordyline Australis, it was about 20yrs old and 4-5metres high but was badly damaged by the severe frosts we had before...

veggie scraps, worm composting, part 5
the end of May will be the one year anniversary (hm, sounds like marriage... :) ) of the project. the worms have been chomping away and making all sorts of little worms. probably a few thousand worms...

camilia
Hi There I hope someone can help me, I have a lovely camelia which acording to my neighbour is about 15 years old This year the leaves have got a black coating all over them it comes off if l wip the...
2
2

Low Cost Automatic Waterer for Outdoor or Greenhouse
I plan to be away from home for 3-4 weeks, and had bought citrus plants for my lean-to. So I created a very low cost waterer (about £8. including demi-john). It consists of a demi-john part filled...
2
2

Herbs and pot size
All my herbs got wiped out last winter. So I am starting fresh. At the moment I am wondering how many rosemary seedlings I can grow in a 17 inch pot. They don't spread out much but they have extended...
5
5

What weed is this
Can anyone tell me what weed this is Islayhawk +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download:...
2
2

Unknown plant in garden
Hi all I am in Rockaway, NY (part of New York City) and I just dug this guy (along with a few siblings) out from my broccoli patch. Any help on an ID? Chris Unknown plant. Any ideas?
4
4

ID This
Given that I am currently trying to find groundcover plants for embankments in my garden I have been taking a look at what has worked for my neighbors. One of the flowers that have caught my eye are...
3
3

Ticks! Ticks! Ticks!!!
I'm sorry if this has been answered in the ant thread, but I figured even if it was, it would need it's own thread because it's such a HUGE problem, at least in my area. So, here's the question. As...
18
18

Acer Griseum
Paperbark maple planted today: http://i55.tinypic.com/2ihtb3c.jpg

Plumb Tree Desecration!
Hello, I have very limited gardening experience..... We moved into this property which had a large, well tended garden, by a retired couple. It had this lovely Plumb Tree which produced a huge harvest...
7
7

13-year cicadas are about to strike. Your advice?
Hello, Those who keep track of such things tell us that the 13-year cicadas are due to return in a few days, and to be hungry after a 13-year nap. I moved here (Tennessee) less than a year ago. Any...
7
7

Best compost to use for hanging baskets?
Hi all Hanging basket time again. What is the best compost to use and is there any additives i can use to retain water? Thanks in advance. Duncan
5
5