Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: RAIN SOUND RAINING RAIN RAINY RAINING SOUND RAIN RAINY
Way too long to read! Congrats. you just wrote a book!!! LOL
3
3

Organic pelleted Chicken manure
Bought some organic pelleted chicken manure from B&Q, buy-one-get-one-free, seemed like a bargain. Have any of you had experience of using it and how beneficial is it?
14
14

Weather in Santa Monica
Hi - Saw the post entitled "Weather in NY" and thought I would share a report from the Other Coast, So. Calif. We have had a few nice little rains which politely come at night and leave the days...
3
3

Scott Spreader
(Plastic) wheels seem to have seized on a Scott brand spreader (possibly product no.10590016 on the Scott web site which offers no information.) This is the gadget for which the wheels turn a cogged...
2
2

NY Is WET!
Like water off a duck's back. . . . http://i55.tinypic.com/zl3yo3.jpghttp://i55.tinypic.com/211o2fd.jpg http://i53.tinypic.com/2yuyog6.jpg
8
8

Himalayan Blue Poppys?
I am growing these from seed, apparently they take 40 days or more to germinate. Would I be better off putting these in an electric heated propagator?
1
1

Hen & chicks?
I live in the Denver area and a neighbor has a hen & chicks around his mailbox that is thriving, but I tried one and managed to kill it because it was getting water from the sprinkler system, even...
1
1

Weather in NY
A week of temps in the 50s. Rain off and on, and fog most of the time. My peas, lettuce, and broccoli are loving life out there, but my poor cuke, tomato, pepper, eggplant, and such seedlings are...
15
15

Taro
I bought three taro roots about the size of pullet eggs at the Chinese grocery last week. I picked roots that were starting to sprout. How big do the plants get? And do I need to put them someplace...
1
1

I'm new to this site and need some advice.
I have recently moved and have now got a large garden 150ft long and 30ft wide. The problem is the soil, the garden was neglected before we moved in, it is full of small hills which we have tried to...
11
11

Poisonous plants
Hi Kathateria, Personally, I would be inclined to plant something that is evergreen, otherwise you risk the autumn leaves falling in the pond which can cause problems as they break down in the water...
6
6

Cambridge Favourite Strawberry
Hi again, Last year, I gave one of my friends about a dozen Cambridge Favourite Strawberry plants grown from runners from my own plants. He also had a few other strawberry plants of a different...

light brown spots on Japanese maple
Hello, We planted a young (2-ft tall) Japanese maple "Red Select" about two weeks ago. Now it is showing some small, light brown, dry-looking spots on otherwise healthy-looking leaves. Is this a...
1
1

What will kill this plant?
I have lots of what we call elephants ears, but I think they are more likely some sort of alocasia and I want to control them. Glyphosate won't ( I've sprayed directly and have also cut the plant at...
10
10

Updating/renovating the garden - advice needed.
Hi to all, I'm new to GB & this is my first post. Although I've been planting, growing & doing general gardening (love it) for over 10 years now I've just started to redesign an area right at the back...