Subject Author Posted Replies

Garden Disasters
Is your garden more gaff than gorgeous? Did the man of the house do something rickety with the rockery? Did you dig yourself a pond only to only to see the water vanish, leaving the goldfish gasping?...
3
3

Use of Black Kow manure compost ??
Do any of you here use the Black Kow manure compost, either for potting plants in containers, or small trees and shrubs in the ground ? If so, did you get good results from its use ? Thanks !! James

Dwarf Japanese Maple trunt split from heavy snow
Ive got a Dwarf Japanese maple that has its trunk split from the heavy snowfall from winter. An arborist says it will be 400 dollars to cable it and put a few screws in it.. It will cost me 150 to buy...
3
3

Pepper plant with defomred new leaves
I noticed that one of my pepper plants is putting out very deformed and stunted leaves. They look like they have been chewed on but in fact they are growing that way. It was just transplanted about 10...
2
2

I am prepared to be shot down.....
I have a long border,and want to do as little weeding as possible! I know its lazy, but Ive put some weed control sheeting down,while I decide whats best to plant. im in Shropshire. Soil is...
1
1

Floppy herbs
The local grocery store had some really lovely live herbs. They were in little pots and wrapped in clear plastic like flowers. I grabbed a couple of rosemary plants. After carefully teasing them from...
13
13

New to gardening and to this site! Soil Problem
Hi Sheralynne, Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but no, there are no quick fixes, gardening, like most things worth doing, gives back in direct proportion to the effort put in. No effort = poor...
2
2

Which mulch best inhibits lawn grass?
Which mulch best inhibits lawn grass? Ted Shoemaker
6
6

Frank
Hello how do I get rid of Damping off disease can't find Cheshunt Compound any more regards Frank
2
2

Plant ID
Hi, I have just moved into a new flat and have these in the garden. Could someone please tell me what they are and whether they are edible? Cheers!...
3
3

Best Photo Book for Identifying Roses?
What is the best book to use for identification of roses? I prefer something that makes heavy use of photos.

Pot conundrum
So I have 2 pots left, 1 20 inch, 1 17 inch. The 20 holds 3 cubic feet of soil, the 17 holds 1.25. I have seedlings in need of planting, a black beauty zuke and some lemon yellow cukes. What would...
2
2

ID this plant?
It's something very familiar...Can't put a name to it. I rescued it and kept in pot until it recovered. Now blooming. Want to transplant, so need name so I can research conditions. [IMG] HB
2
2

Acer Pseudoplantanus Brilliant issimum
My beautiful little tree seems to have dried brown shrivelled leaves does anyone know why? Also there is a white deposit on the underside of many of the leaves could this be a fungus? Any advice would...
1
1

Do you have any gardening tips for me?
Hi there, I have some experience in particular plants, but I am new to the tomato gardening thing and I just planted four yellow tomato plants. Do you have any gardening tips to get quick results?
4
4