Subject Author Posted Replies

Leggy Petunia -all growth at end of stems
At FLICKR I have posted a picture of a PETUNIA in a pot which has all growth at end of long bare stems. all efforts to prune long stems with flowers, I have not succeeded in starting new growth much...
4
4

Will you be gardening 10 years from now?
OK, global climate change is a fact. I don't want to get into whether it is caused by humans or not, so I will ignore any replies that argue that. My gardening question is this: all the best scenarios...
60
60

Aquaponics
Hi there everyone, new to this site this is my first thread & very happy to be here! I have just ventured into the Aquaponics area & im very very pleased with the results to say the least, it is...

Coir pots
Any bad points? I have several peppers in coir pots at the moment. Do they decompose quickly? I just replaced my sickly pepper with a new one and noticed the coir pot had basically not even decomposed...
2
2

What's the name of this flower?
Hello, All: Could anyone tell the name of the flower in the following pictures? It is a shrub beside some big trees in southern Virginia. you for reading and replying! ---Roland
1
1

What is this seedling please?
You are not making this too easy. Was there any more information on the packet, are they flowers, salad mix, border plants, climbers, what? It would be unusual to package just anything at all. Is a...
5
5

Chlorine
Has anyone experienced any differences watering your garden herbs, fruits and vegetables with non-chlorinated water? Is chlorine an inhibitor? I can generate 50 galllons a day of chlorine free water...
2
2

West Texas weather
Temperature 102.2 F Relative humidity 7% Dew Point 24.8 F Pressure 1005.64 hPa Wind West - Southwest / 12.7 mph This weather applet says it feels like 95.0 F, but to me it feels more like 110 F. It's...
14
14

Rain water barrels
Message I posted a while ago didn't get through. I was asking (I think NAD) what he/she put in the barrels to keep the water from getting contaminated or breeding mosquitoes w/o harming plants that...
11
11

Sweet pea stems
Why do they get shorter as the Sweet Pea season wears on? At first, the flowers have nice long stems, but as the season draws to a close, stems are much shorter. Inquiring minds... HB
2
2

Black and Decker 18 Volt cordless string trimmer
I read the reviews about this trimmer on and found that even though the trimmer was considered good the batteries weren't. I have this trimmer and I like it very much, but the batteries are a pain....
6
6

Rain rain go away
Rain Rain go away Come back another day Nad wants to play in his garden Three days of rain coming.... Argggggg....
12
12

How to plant Trailing Verbena
Hiya I have some Trailing Verbena that I intend to plant in wire sided hanging baskets and wall baskets. I was wondering do I plant into the top of the basket or should I plant them through the wire...
1
1

Canna Facts and Canna Care
I just published an article about cannas and thought some of you might be interested in it.... The canna family, Cannaceae, is comprised of one genus Canna and more than fifty species. Most gardeners...
5
5

How many Trailing geraniums in a 30 or 35cm basket
Hiya I've tried searching google and can't find an answer. I have three trays of trailing geraniums, each with four plants in. I'm wanting to put four in a 30cm basket or do I need more or less? If...
1
1