Subject Author Posted Replies

mystery slime
Hello, I was removing some undesired tulips from a pot and noticed some of the bulbs that had not sprouted at all this spring were quite soft and covered in a bluish slime. Any idea what this might...

Japanese knotweed - Advice, Identification, Control and Eradication
Japanese knotweed, also known as Fallopia Japonica, is a non-native invasive plant introduced to the UK by the Victorians in the mid-nineteenth century. The Victorians used Japanese knotweed as an...

Geranium cuttings
I love white geraiums and last year I had some pure white plants from a supermarket. I liked them so much I decided to take 10 cuttings last September over winter them in my glass verander and plant...
2
2

What happened to my lillys?
Thanks so much for your reply - will give it a go +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
5
5

Possibly a garden disaster
Weather here in SoCal has been freakishly cool. May saw day temps in the low 70s, many days of cloudy skies and nights in the very low 50s. I waited until May 1st to get everyone in the ground since...
8
8

Pole bean questions
Am going to try growing some pole lima beans....I have 2 types - King of the Garden + Christmas ...... Have about 32' X 4' area along a fence, so two rows.... Question.... How tall should trellis be?...
2
2

here's one for ya billybob
interesting numbers in there. songbird
7
7

er..oops, and halp?
I was wrestling a David Austin rose out if its container today, and being a puny girl was having trouble. Finally it felt like it was going to slide free, hooray, only I quickly discovered that the...
2
2

Wood chips/mulch Cardiff area
Does anyone know where I can get wood chips/mulch delivered reasonably in Cardiff? I know the Vale of Glamorgan council offer them free on the last Sunday of the month but they are open to Vale...

WE HAVE RAIN!!!!!
Thank God, WE HAVE RAIN!!! A few hours earlier than local news predicted. So far a good steady lite rain, but good enough. Just yesterday while walking in the pasture I saw all the Prickly Pear Cactus...
4
4

identification please
hallo, what are these things please? and is this giant grub harmful to my veg or not? thanks karaman +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download:...
5
5

apple rust spot
I live in Cornwall UK and have had an apple tree planted for two years, this year it has developed rust spots on the leaves after a very windy spring and cold winter. cold for us in Cornwall anyway....
1
1

OT: Bessy will become beef soon :(
The Vet that lives down the street came and seen Bessy my first cow ever. He said that "Bessy had a false pregnancy". She looked pregnant and got rely huge but no calf. I have heard this happens with...
52
52

Compost question
In all the books and papers I have read, it seems that the only reason to avoid adding meat scraps to a compost pile is to not attract unwanted critters like possums and raccoons. Is this the case? Or...
7
7

Sweet potato question
The weather is getting warm here in NY City. Can I just stick a whole sweet potato into a container and expect growth? Thanks Chris
1
1