Subject Author Posted Replies

Roof Top Gardening
Taking gardening to new heights "Aviad's rooftop garden serves not just as our apartment's source of herbs and produce, but also as a gathering place to have a beer, watch the sunset and talk about...
13
13

Roundup Question ??
I have a small flower planting area of about 25 sq. ft. When I plant flowers in it each summer, the weeds come up so bad, I can keep up with weeding it each week. (I also much about 3 or 4 inches, but...
19
19

Yet another groundhog
It showed up a week after the last one. Caught him this morning within two hours of setting the trap; caught over the years (skunks and squirrels not shown); Critters Photo Gallery by Eldata at...

garden pond
I've acquired a 12' x 18' epdm pond liner. I can fit about 2/3 of that in. It's mostly shady where it will go. I've never had a pond of any size. Water is getting expensive here and I wonder if I can...
3
3

about power tools battery!
Don't know what kind of brand of tool use and give an
4
4

Quickest growing trees to shield housing development
Hello I am new to this site and would really appreciate some help! We live in a lovely conservation area and unfortunately a housing development is going up at the end of our garden over the end of...
11
11

Different sprinkler question
I have a small yard and a small garden. The front yard is square; the back yard is L-shaped and most of the long arm is taken up by a boat and trailer. I have two raised beds and the rest is lawn. I...
3
3

Help to identify everything in our new garden
Hi, We have recently moved house and it has a small but very beautiful garden of which we would like to maintain. However, we know very very little about gardening as a whole - we used to simply have...
7
7

Preen
Anyone use it? Any secrets? Caveats? Or just RTFM and follow? Gotta go do some Roundup, and am looking forward to seeing what this pre-emergent herbicide can do. Steve
3
3

Cotyledon damage and viability
My cucurbits are being annihilated by leaf miners. Just how much damage can the cotyledons take before you give up on the plants? Mine have everything from a lot to a little. They are all 3-4 weeks...

Front Yard weed control
I have a house in Atlanta, 7b Piedmont, with a weedy sparse front yard. It's all low growing and the weeds pop up tall shoots. Poor soil with some pine straw. It's slanty ground with a big pine and a...
7
7

Sprinkler question
I just added on about six bubblers to three Orbit gear drive lawn sprinklers. They have a 3/4" feed at about 50 psi. The three lawn sprinklers now don't spray nearly as much. I took off the guts, and...
16
16

dahlias
ive put new dahlia tubers in as normal but they have only grown verysmall instead of the large ones they usually are where have i gone wrong?
1
1

You KNOW it's too darned hot when...
/teacher mode A. You cannot touch the cast iron railing around your deck B. The standing water in your hose is hotter than your shower C. You cannot step on the metal steps of your deck barefoot D....
41
41

New to gardening - list of plants; which are compatible?
Mum and I have never had a garden before but a couple of years ago the garage was torn down (before it collapsed) and I've built a deck and whitewashed the walls. I'm building some nice planters out...
2
2