Subject Author Posted Replies

when to pick corn?
Hi All, I am trying to grow 'Ruby Queen Hybrid" corn this year again. last year it only got about 1-1/2 foot high. This year they are getting about 5 to 6 foot tall. And I am starting to get some...
22
22

Advice needed on clematis Montana
Hello I'm very new to gardening. I have recently bought two Clematis Montana plants, I've put them in the ground about a week ago they Seem to be doing ok but I was wondering if anyone has any good...
3
3

Indoor Tomatoes (grow lights)
I'd like to try and see it CAN be done, but looking for advice from someone who has done it. I have a nice 400w HPS and MH lamp and a great place to grow -- would like to try some tomatoes indoors...
19
19

Please help identify this tree
Please can anyone tell me what this tree is. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Photo0256 (2).jpg | |Download:...
7
7

Spider Mite Problems
Hi Been having a few issues with spider mites on a couple of my plants. I've tried various different sprays in the past but nothing seems to be completely effective. I found this website online and...
2
2

Berkeley and Oakland Come to the Table
Food justice advocate Nikki Henderson and renowned Chez Panisse chef Alice Waters dish on food, class, school lunch, and the healing of the Berkeley-Oakland rift. By Tom Philpott | Thu Aug. 11, 2011...

Top broken out of walnut tree
The entire top of a black walnut tree at the back of the church property broke off about 20' up; looks like a windstorm got it (but I don't remember any strong winds recently.) I can either cut the...
12
12

Colorful Tropical Foliage Plants – Croton Plants And Caladium Plants
For everybody interested in colorful tropical foliage plants.... *Codiaeum variegatum*, also called ?Garden Croton? or ?Variegated Croton?, is a species of plants in the genus Codiaeum, a member of...
2
2

White stuff on lawn
Every morning, we find white mounds of stuff on our new lawn the size of dinner plates. It looks like wet bread pieces. It dissolves and goes away with a spray, but they are now there every day....
15
15

Anybody know what this guy is?
s-a
2
2

Baby tree already budding!
I put in two young fruit trees a few months ago. An apricot, and one month later, a plum. Yesterday I saw blooms all over the plum! Sweet little tree, just a baby, already trying to procreate! I...
2
2

Sage Nazareth - help!!
Hi everyone, I've just joined today so hello to everyone, I look forward to participating in lots of posts and learning lots from you all. I have an opening question... my sage nazareth's leaves are...

Novice gardener needing advice...
Hi all, I've just landscaped my first garden and have two decent size raised flower beds about 2 feet deep and have no idea what kind of plants/flowers etc to put in them. I'm looking to do it this...
4
4

Azaleas and lilacs
Hi all You probably recall that I recently asked about container-shrubs for my area (Rockaway, NYC). On your advice, I got a couple of azaleas. Now my question is, should the root ball be totally...
3
3

Japanese beetles seem to have a color preference
We have a couple of shrub roses, ostensibly "Pink Grootendorst," which manage to produce blossoms ranging in color from almost white to deep red. We find the beetles in the light-colored flowers all...
6
6