Subject Author Posted Replies

Rose Gardening in 2012 starts now!
Hello everybody, yesterday I wrote an interesting post on my blog and I want to share it with you for free. It contains nice tips and tricks to get beautiful roses in 2012. Just use the link below:
6
6

Honey as substitute rooting Hormone
For one of my college assignements i have been looking at propagation methods and came across an article that said that you could use honey as a substitute for your commercial rooting hormones. I was...
18
18

Two out of five rotting
I bought five of these (rather pricey) plants for planter box on my front porch (N.facing). did fine until I noticed the far right one was turning black. Now the one next to it is also infected -- or...
6
6

Can I cut this plant back?
This pic a plant I was given. It is so leggy that I can't support it with long sticks. Anybody know the name? Also, is it safe to cut it back? I kinda like it, but need your advice before hacking. TIA...
9
9

Cold frame assembly
Hi, ive been given a Halls Silver Aluminium Standard 4th x 2ft cold frame but theres no instructions in the box, and i cant find anything online. was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a PDF...
6
6

Apple seed. . .
Using advice I found on the Internet, I placed several apple seeds in a damp paper towel and stored them in the refrigerator for a couple of months. They still haven't sprouted, but I see no evidence...
8
8

New Flower bed on existing grass area
Hello I have created a new flower bed area running the side of my garden (20 meters on each side of the garden). The area was once grass and I had someone remove soil and then grass. I still see bits...
5
5

heating a greenhouse
hello all, this is my first posting on this forum, as i only joined a few minutes ago. i would like to say at the outset , that i know very little about growing plants , flowers , etc. i just bought a...
4
4

Slideshow - How To Plant Plumeria Cuttings
One of the quickest ways to enjoy plumeria flowers is to plant plumeria cuttings. One of the big advantages of propagating plumeria plants from cuttings is that the buyer is able to choose very...

Tired Cactuses in low light area
Dear Friends, I am new to this forum and I hope I could find many new friends here. Recently I bring some little cactuses to my home.But after a week I think they are droopy. Already I have not access...
3
3

Brambles/nettles
Hello all, I am new to the forum and gardenening I have no knowledge in gardening what-so-ever .... Basically me and the mrs have moved into our new house but the gardens are terrible they was just...
9
9

Ideas for plants to sell a school fete in June
My daughter has just asked me to have a plant stall at the local Nursery School in June, do any of you wonderful gardners have any ideas what would be most popular to grow. Thank you for taking the...
5
5

Serious question: Urine as a nitrogen source for organic composting
I switched the to Thanks for the advice. Googling for a comparison paper of urea fertilizer and urine, I found this interesting paper from the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2007, 55,...
34
34

veggie scraps, worm composting, part 6
continuing the stories... :) previous problems of fungus gnats did get taken care of by using a fine cloth mesh for cover material. they still needed an extra snug seal around the edge, the rubber...
1
1

growing ginger in zone 5
Ran across this article I will try growing some this year. http://www.veggiegardeningtips.com/Think