Subject Author Posted Replies

How many
How many bulbs would I have to plant per day on average to be considered a gardener? I try my hardest but usually chop down and kill more trees and plants then i plant every year. Don't frown on me...
7
7

Sunderland
For the time being we are taking over your forum Please be patient Cheers +-------------------------------------------------------------------+...
1
1

Blenda Flame
Hello all, First post :) But i was wondering, I know a girl who seen a Blanda Flame online... 'BLENDA FLAME' ( does any one know ay more about these? I am new to the flower world and can't find any...

Weigela Rosea- advise?
I got a Weigela Rosea from the lovely (I know there's certain opinions on these people) J Parker, for £1.99 thought it couldn't go wrong. The package arrived and the WR had wet paper wrapped around...
1
1

What is a cottage garden plant?
We?re having a debate in our office over the difference between ?cottage garden? and ?informal garden? styles. Would you say that these are two different names for the same style, or are there plants...
3
3

Baby Hebe
I bought four of these from a reputable nursery and planted in front porch planter box last year. They did very well for months, until (about 2 months ago) I noticed the far-right one was turning...
5
5

Tree for front garden
Hi all, new here. I've been in my house for 2 years, and was a complete novice, now after 2 years or ripping out, re planting, hard landscaping, am getting quite good! Now, the front garden. Pulled...
5
5

Removing 1.5 Acres of Bamboo in Towson, MD
Greetings all. A new property of my family's is covered by a massive stand of running bamboo. The lot is six acres rectangular, where about *one and a half* acres of the total acreage is covered by a...
48
48

Poorly Palm
Hi, I am a total novice and am trying to find out what's wrong with this palm and what we can do to make it better. We don't even know what kind it is either. Please can someone help? We have 3 of...
7
7

seeds for swap or give for free
Hi! I have lots of seeds to swap or give away. Here is the the list Chilli plant seeds: they have very high efficiency i would say 99 percent. Generous amounts of: New Mix Twilight Black Pearl Two of...
1
1

OT: Project Vote Smart
Allow me to share with my fellow gardeners -- and voters -- a video produced by Project Vote Smart, which I have been supporting for some years. It gives the skinny on candidates, impartially,...
7
7

Microclimate analysis increases food yield
True, most of us are home gardeners rather than farmers, but I found this article fascinating for its innovative approach to analyzing "microclimates" rather than large acreages, with potential for...
2
2

What should be planted in winter?
Hello, l live in near Nashville, Tennessee. The last projected frost date here is April 14. Last year, people told me that I should have planted some things in February --- but I don't remember what...
2
2

help please
Been a keen gardner for many years was given a lovely blue hydrangea and would like to know how to keep it blue,also still has some faded blue flowers on, should i cut them of now or not,it is simply...
3
3

Egg shells as plant food
Amigas & amigos, years ago I read that eggshell water is good for plants. I don't remember more. I kept the container on the side steps. NEVER smelled anything like the odor emanating from the water-...
24
24