Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hanging Baskets
Neither plant will be optimum size, but it should work. They both are heavy feeders. Be sure to fish emulsion every 2 weeks. The bigger the basket, the bigger the plants.
2
2

Favorite tomatoes
It's time to plant some seeds. Looking for suggestions for tomato varieties. My personal favorite is the Sun Gold, what are you favorites?
20
20

Bees
Cheers

Janet Baraclough
Someone looking for Janet Baraclough over in Could be a process server for all I know, but if someone knows how to reach the irascible Scot, they might give her a heads up.

Advice needed on sowing seeds
Nice rich soil would be good. One does not need to grow in pure compost. Why do you need any? Why do you need a propagator? What is your climate? Generally they don't like to have their roots...
5
5

taking chances with early plantings
it being so warm and due to be for a week at least (in the 80sF tomorrow forecast) perhaps i can get some sprouts up of plants that i have many seeds for. i need to cover some bare dirt. first i...
11
11

raspberry glencoe
hi my first thread on garden a couple of glencoe raspberries last year and would like to know what pruning if any they need.I read they are clump forming but no mention of pruning. thanks for any...
1
1

Advice for Complete Novice
Last year I managed to successfully grow some very nice chillies in a pot on the kitchen window ledge. Having managed to grow something from seed that I could actually eat gave me the bug, so much so...
6
6

What is likely eating the foliage off my small tomatoes?
This has happened before. Maybe if I go out at night with a flashlight I will catch the culprits, but right now I can only speculate. I usually buy a 6 pack of Early Girl and plant about 3 weeks into...
9
9

Tomato starts
Mine have been up for a few days , and I've noticed the leaves are kinda yellow . These are planted in potting/starter mix , new stuff . They spend most of the day outside when it's sunny and above...
5
5

Composting: Cat Manure
Is there any reason not to put cat manure in a compost bin? Dick
18
18

Cucumbers
Is the temperature range I am having in the greenhouse causing the leaves to curl? MJ
6
6

Nature that Nurtures
Scientific American, March 12, 2012 p. 24 Nature that Nurtures Dismissed as peripheral to medical treatment for much of the 20th century, gardens are back in style, now featured in the de- sign of...
3
3

Yesterday ..
Since the frost free date here is supposedly around 4/15 , I started a few things . Tomatoes , peppers , pumpkins , and some marigolds for now . In a couple of weeks I'll be planting some acorn squash...