Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Gardeners
Looks like the gardeners of the group are gone?
9
9

Safer's BTK question.
I presume the alphanumeric codes stamped on the bottom of Safer's BTK containers are some sort of "manufactured on" date code. Does anyone know how to read this code? The code in question is A013008....
2
2

Funghi question
I'm growing some dwarf French bean plants in separate, quite deep containers but in one of them there have just recently appeared quite a few small mushroom type things. I'm not sure what they are but...
2
2

Volunteer Cucurbita
Based on a sample of three, and allowing for the fact that one catalog/county/person's squash is another's pumpkin, it resembles the pumpkin I'm currently growing (Kakai - hulless seeds) more than the...
5
5

help Identifying a herb
My mother was growing them last year and its regrown apparently, but she cant remember what it is, since she was growing a bunch of different herbs last year, so any ideas as to what it is would be...
3
3

Pepper or squash?
We have a bit of a quandry. Picked up a 4-cell pack of transplants with this tag: is of peppers and the picture definitely shows the calyx and stem of peppers. But, the planting instructions are more...
6
6

Venting about varmints
Oh, I hate groundhogs. What with the drought and all this year, they have been desperate. The young ones that have been driven out are the smallest I have ever seen, small enough to go *through* the...
28
28

Blistered Peppers
I have light brown spots on my peppers. They aren't critters, just kind of soft and withery. My guess is that they are just sun blistered. Is that a possibility or is it something else? MJ
1
1

mostly ok so far
all organic gardens, some amended with leaves, shredded bark, plant debris from last year, a few (onions, beets, chard) had a layer of worms/ worm poo put underneath them. rotation planting. some...
6
6

cucumber dying
i have two cucumbers in my green house both in the same grow bag one is thriving with loads of fruit the other also has loads of fruit but is dying all leaves are wilted and plant is all floppy can...
1
1

garlic end game
For onions (and shallots?), I've read that you should "expose the upper 2/3 of the bulb after the stalks start to yellow." Assuming that's a good idea, does the same apply to garlic? Thanks, George
1
1

Purslane?
I've been (not-very-successfully) fighting purslane in our garden for years. Now, I hear that maybe it's a beneficial companion. ... ( maybe just wishful thinking? If anyone has had any good...
5
5

How to kill a pyracantha!
Hi Liam, I have good news and bad news! The good news is, you're very good at growing things! :) Growing lemons from seed like that is not easy. The bad news is that these lemon trees will never...
9
9

Cucumbers
I have one plant out of 4 that has turned brown. It still has cucumbers on it but very few new flowers. I see no bugs and the water has been the same. Ideas? Should I replant? MJ

Any 1 use a hotbin
Hi we have had a hotbin for 3 weeks now, it would not heat up, but it was my fault lol, put to much compost from my darlic compost bin into it. So changed to a grass and old food mixture, it shot up...
1
1