Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tomato beginner
Hi I have planted tomatoes for the first time this year. Four Ailsa Craigs and two Alicante's. Both seem to be doing well, and are starting to show some nice (still green) fruit. I have a few...
1
1

More tomatoes
I just figured out that I have already picked 73 pounds of tomatoes this season. And I still need to pick a few Jelly Bean tomatoes today. Thank goodness the squash and cucumbers have slowed down...
6
6

cucumbers
we haven't grown cucumbers here before. many years ago we grew them at our other place but i don't remember the "art" of it as that would be 30-40something years ago. which brings me to the question...
5
5

raspberry canes
Hi I wonder if anyone can help. I have well established raspberry canes which produce a wonderful amount of fruit year in year out, i want to move them from thier current spot into planters, can i do...
2
2

Is this plum like fruit edible or poisonous?
Hi, I found some trees loaded with fruit but am not sure if they are edible. They look like small plums and I tasted one and it tasted like a plum but I don't want to end up in casualty so thought I...
2
2

Problem with Damson tree this year.
Hello gardeners! I am new to this site and not a very experienced gardener. My wife and I moved into our current house about two years ago, and we found we have a Damson tree. Last year we had many...
1
1

Help Identifying a Chilli Pepper
Hi Guys, I have a few chilli plants growing at the moment Regular Chillies (don't know there correct name). Jalapeno Serrano Habanero One of my plants came from a seed in the regular chilli seeds pack...
2
2

Tomatoes
The tomatoes are starting to ripen, but with the dry hot period followed by lots of rain, I have lots of blossom end rot and or splits. I have probably lost about as many as I have picked. The peppers...

Our First Crop - We are so Proud!!
Hi I am John and have joined this site today. Me and my wife have just moved into a new house, it is the first time we have owned a house with a garden. We are(trying) to grow everything! Last weekend...
5
5

Chili Plants
Even under ideal conditions (soil temp of 27C to 29C), chili seeds need about a week and a half to 2 weeks to germinate.
6
6

Plant Life!
Hi all! I recently developed a new website which is designed to help people plan, view, and share garden details. I did this purely from a desire to share my garden, and to help other gardeners show...
2
2

Chilli Plants - New buds going yellow and dying!
Hi Guys, My chilli plants are well established now and are producing fruit but I am finding that a lot of the new buds that are forming at the top end of the plant are going yellow and dying off...
11
11

japanese beetles, etc.
in past years there have always been a few around gnawing on the beans or the grape leaves. i'm not seeing any this year. maybe due to the early heat or repeated late frosts. still interesting how...

Pruning a Plum Tree
For some reason one of my plum trees has massive amounts of new growth. In previous years it has had very little new wood which is ideal for our small garden. It has little or no fruit this year, last...
1
1

possum IQ?
I've seen a possum near our garden. We have a decent fence, but we've lost stuff in the past. (Probably to woodchucks.) I'm not getting a clear answer from google as to whether possums are much of a...
6
6