Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Kale mold or mildew
As the sun is getting lower in the sky with each fall day, our kale is developing a milky-white mold or mildew on its leaves. Otherwise it looks pretty healthy. Can anyone recommend a non-toxic method...

first frost
brr! i hope some plants will keep on going anyways as the rest of the week looks ok for above freezing nights. songbird
2
2

Scary Study - Roundup
38
38

Mushrooms !
I found some interesting 'shrooms today in my "yard" - actually a clearing on my land in north central Arkansas . It's about 3" diameter and 4" tall , shaped like a trumpet , and a very pretty orange...
7
7

edamame soybeans
this past spring there was a question if edamame soybeans were as productive as regular soybeans. i'd not grown edamame soybeans here before so i could not say for sure. now after the season is...
1
1

Tomato variety "Jetsonic" (2023 Update)
A couple of years ago, Totally Tomatoes sent out sample packets of Jetsonic tomato seeds. I still have mine, and am thinking about planting them next year because they are supposed to be earlier than...
14
14

Potatoes.
Hi All. New here. Have tried now 3 times to grow potatoes in bags. Plants grow, they die, I empty the bag and .... a small handful of small potatoes. The bags are in the garden and the sun hits them...
1
1

Butternut squash no fruit
I have a healthly looking plant which is taking over the patch. but so far only male flowers and not a single fruit. Shall I pull it up as its mid september.
1
1

love the spin
---from a google news headline in passing...--- The Guardian - ?1 hour ago? Organic produce and meat typically is no better for you than conventional food when it comes to vitamin and nutrient...
13
13

Bitter cucumbers
Over in the gorup there is a current discussion about bitter cucumbers for those who may like to wander over and through an eye over it.
5
5

What to do with lemons
I have a surplus of lemons. I have made lemon cordial, Moroccan preserved lemons, lemon marmalade and I have a year's supply frozen lemon juice or more. There are still 4 milk crates of them left. If...
25
25

pumpkin musings
I rounduped a stretch of our lawn along the edge this past spring when my wife said I could use it for a garden. I ended up planting short sections of purple morning glory, purple okra, bush...
4
4

Butternut Squash
I have 2 Butternut Squash plants that are growing well - I have pruned it back quite a lot, as it was taking over the garden, but I am unsure if I am going to be successful in getting it to fruit...
5
5

How to ripen apples?
Several of my apple tree branches have broken off in recent wind. Im not sure what variety the apples are (suspected bramley). They are nearly about the right size but they are too green. I have about...
1
1

garlic
today i started to get the garlic for next summer harvest planted. i may be a little early, but i'm hoping it won't make that much difference. based upon results from this last garlic season i...
4
4