Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

"Gunny" sacks
In these parts there are very few natural fibre sacks left at all. Most bagged supplies like chook food, fertiliser, etc are in synthetic fibre bags. These are OK for a while expecially if you keep...
1
1

Spinach & onions
Got my spinach and onions set out yesterday. Finished them altho my back was really tired since rain was predicted. It did rain some last night. Now how do I keep the cats from using the boxes as...
5
5

Indoor chillies?
Does anyone know what varieties of chillies are best suited for growing indoors?
2
2

bees back in the news
sound alarm? more like repeatedly ring the bell that is the head of most people who haven't done the science. "yeah, let's make plants poisonous to insects! what a brilliant idea!" ...no science done...
2
2

OT but a welcome bit of brightness
it's good to see that, yes, we are capable as a country to make changes which benefit the environment and species we feed upon. still need to keep at it, but the conclusion section is a good point....
100
100

The "Monsanto Rider"
law has been put into the Agriculture Appropriations bill -- which will be approved by March 27th -- which would destroy the separation of powers by stripping courts of the power to challenge...
1
1

biochar
in my recent readings on biochar i was hoping a few books published in the past few years would have more actual science and evaluation. alas the books _the biochar debate_ and _the biochar solution_...
2
2

Still Rushing
I find it odd that the days have been in the mid to high sixties here, and the nights about forty, yet the soil on our north facing slope is sixty. I planted 5 peas to see if they survive temps, and...
10
10

New to gardening
Hello, I'm new to gardening and really want to learn more, it all started when my mum bought me some packets of seeds and said here have ago planting them with the kids at the weekend kids get mucky...
3
3

Long life trellis
For extremely long life, metal. I have two towers made from copper pipe (in my ornamental gardens) and several moveable trellises** in the vegetable garden framed with thin-wall galvanized conduit and...
4
4

can i revive my apple tree?
About a decade ago we "cut down" our apple tree. Took it dow except the trunk. The truck is easily rockable. It moves freely. However...about 6yrs ago it began to develop new branches and has grown a...
2
2

Still in a Rush
I've become addicted to Chicken Enchiladas Verdes. Usually the very simple sauce calls for tomatillos, but now I see that green tomatoes can be substituted. I can hardly wait for fall. Secondly, I...
4
4

Try to plant more big tree
I am a employee, i always try to plant some new trees in my busy life...do you.
1
1

More B news
Cheers
1
1

interesting nibble
a friend of the family knows someone who is starting/running an organic eatery. featuring seasonal veggies and using open air grilling and such. there's a good chance i'll get involved with them in...
4
4