Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Long life trellis
For extremely long life, metal. I have two towers made from copper pipe (in my ornamental gardens) and several moveable trellises** in the vegetable garden framed with thin-wall galvanized conduit and...
4
4

can i revive my apple tree?
About a decade ago we "cut down" our apple tree. Took it dow except the trunk. The truck is easily rockable. It moves freely. However...about 6yrs ago it began to develop new branches and has grown a...
2
2

Still in a Rush
I've become addicted to Chicken Enchiladas Verdes. Usually the very simple sauce calls for tomatillos, but now I see that green tomatoes can be substituted. I can hardly wait for fall. Secondly, I...
4
4

Try to plant more big tree
I am a employee, i always try to plant some new trees in my busy life...do you.
1
1

More B news
Cheers
1
1

interesting nibble
a friend of the family knows someone who is starting/running an organic eatery. featuring seasonal veggies and using open air grilling and such. there's a good chance i'll get involved with them in...
4
4

Scale on lemon tree
OK garden gurus, what do I do for a scale infestation on my small lemon tree please? It's the later end of summer here now and I'd like to get rid of this infestation before winter arrives if that's...
12
12

Wheelbarrows as planters
I must confess to prejudice here, to me it is an idea that has been so done to death it has gone past being a cliche into parody. The fact that your searching hasn't turned up anything appealing says...
2
2

Unwanted crop ...
This afternoon I started to break ground for a garden at our Ozark Hideaway . Much to my dismay , I didn't see a single worm - but then it's still pretty early , and the ground is pretty cold . What I...
3
3

using surplus lemons
I used several ways: - Morrocan preserved lemons these are really nice as a garnish but you only need one jar a year so it doesn't use up many; - frozen juice cubes and frozen zest sausages, roll the...
3
3

I have used my washing machine for a Strawberrie Planter
Last year my washing machine gave up after many years use. And I came across a blog on recycle and liked the idea. Here is mine. 'Trowels Blog: Recycle washing machine drum' (

In a rush
... glad to hear you are getting some rain down there. you know me, i'm always up for a water diversion project. :) haha, cubits, ... songbird
8
8

late winter notes
today we had a few inches of fluffy snow to cover. yay! looks nice to see some snow on the ground. wandered around the gardens yesterday to see how things were faring as spring is getting nearer....
4
4

Jerusalem artichokes flowers
Hello all! New to the forums, so thanks for creating this place, first of all. I am digging some new beds in my newly expanded vegetable garden, including a long nice bed for Jerusalem artichokes....
2
2

Moving Asparagus
I've never grown asparagus before. Last year, I planted the seeds (Mary Washington), and got lots of asparagus shaped toothpicks. Sometime after the winter backs off, I need to move them to their new...
1
1