Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What to do !!!
Hi There, I wonder if anyone can help year I planted small sweet bell pepper seeds in pots but because of ill health they never got planted out and because I was late planting them they didnt grow...
1
1

Everything but the spinach ...
And lettuce is doing well out hrere in the woods . Well , I just got around to planting the zucchini a week or so ago , so it hasn't sprouted . I shoulda got some fresh spinach seed , this pack has...
2
2

Habanero Help - Small Fruit
Pollinate less of them, perhaps. Pick off excess flowers. I'm no chilli grower, but as a general rule, for the same plant, if there are fewer fruit, the fruit are larger (within the range of size that...
6
6

woodchuck humor
... yeah, they can still smell it even when it's down to almost nothing and still poke their noses in. i dislike poisons too for much the same reason. plus i hate the idea that a snake or other...
22
22

today
I hardly see grasshoppers, but I certainly use milky spore for the darn JBs - of course, they fly in from elsewhere anyway, so the fact that I've treated this area with milky spore is no panacea. I...
9
9

Cow pats
Lots of fresh new ones in my house garden! a bucnh of cows got in overnight. So far I can't see any damage so I sure do like a delivery of pats so close at hand.
1
1

planting stick
hahaha... :) songbird
8
8

Finally
I got my tomatoes into the ground last Thursday and Friday, about 2 to 3 weeks later than usual. One of them was not happy so replaced it. It is still so wet that I can't get my melons and squashes...
1
1

killdeer hatchlings
... not been able to get any pictures, they are off in the distance and i hear them about most days, haven't seen. a few days ago one of the parents flew into the garden (near where the nest was)...
6
6

green bean finale
The first frost of the season was last night. It wasn't heavy but the beans are wrecked. Not a bad performance though as they have been producing solidly since October. Today I pulled them out and...
2
2

Bill Who Putters, R.I.P.
Most of you remember Bill Who Putters. His eclectic knowledge seem to touch on every field from Tibetan Barley Bread to Regina to Ree's Classic Hot Wings < >to Deep Forest Pigmy's lullaby Many African...
4
4

first tomato spotted
This morning, noticed there is already a little tiny tomato forming on one of the plants. The plant is only about a foot tall and haven't staked it yet, but there's a little tiny tomato about the size...
1
1

Am I a cauliflower??
Hello I had some mysterious plants left over at the end of last year that had never done anything - I was fairly sure they were cauliflowers. They never came to a head but stayed resolutely alive...
4
4

Welder's Gloves
And a pair of pruning shears . And even then I expect to get a buncha thorn wounds from the blackberry brambles I'm about to clean up . These are wild berries , been growing on our land for time out...
2
2

Huckleberries or blueberries ?
Whichever way you call 'em , they're blooming right now in the woods where we live . These are the low bush variety , and I know they have sweet tasty fruit - if we can get to 'em before the critters...
1
1