Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

strawberry procrastination
that is, i'm not going out to pick right now because it's hot and humid and i just had breakfast. instead, taking a few minutes to natter on about the gardens. most things are going well. a few plants...

Squash plants
I've got a squash plant that is growing pretty well, and it has some pattapan squash fruit on it. I've noticed that during the part of the day that it gets the full hot sun that it wilts back, but...
5
5

Quince pruning
I'm about to embark on the pruning of my quince tree. My books tell me that it should be pruned like I would appletree but it's not as exacting as apple tree pruning. I've never (properly) pruned it...

more radishes than I can eat in salads
Does anyone have any uses for radishes, other than putting them in a garden salad? I grew more than my wife can eat in salads. Can you freeze them? BTW, I'm a novice gardner. Robin
5
5

Raspberries in full sun?
Do raspberries like full sun? Or do they perhaps prefer partial shade? I have a red variety but I don't remember what it is exactly. Out in the sun they look a bit stressed. I have some thornless...
4
4

Epsom Salt, Part 2
It has been almost 2 weeks since I put Epsom Salt around the Peppers and Ro ses. The jury is still out and probably will be until fall, but the peppers are much greener and bushier. The roses have a...

gettin' there
one or two more days and the first round of major plantings will be done. strawberries are coming along nicely with a few dozen already appreciated by me, the birdies, and a mystery critter probably...
1
1

Peru says no to GMO
Peru is the first country in the Americas to ban genetically modified foods, putting its food policy closer to that of Europe, than the United States or many of its South American neighbors. Even...

'superwheat' that boosts crops by 30%
... wonder how much nutrients this puppy sucks from the soil? it's gotta come from somewhere... songbird
56
56

South Korea suspends all U.S. wheat imports
U.S. officials are racing to quash global alarm in the wake of news the strain of wheat, developed by biotech giant Monsanto Co (MON.N), had been found in an Oregon field late last month. The...

Unapproved genetically modified wheat from Monsanto found in Oregon field
Japan, the largest market for U.S. wheat exports, suspended imports from the United States and canceled a major purchase of white wheat on Thursday after the recent discovery of unapproved genetically...
1
1

mandarins
What conditions make mandarins sweetest? Is there any special feeds etc?
2
2

Monsanto Loses In Europe!!
I'm hoping to get my hands on a PCR this Fall. & This is what lab techs do :O) Fortunately, they grow many things like sweet corn, peas, gherkins, pickles, tomatoes, and poultry. Think Kansas. I think...
4
4

Peppers, Epsom Salt
Oh I know, I don't mean to sound ungratefull Yes the first year we lived here there was no problem. (8 years ago) THe only thing that gets watered from the lake is the gardens. All of the potted stuff...
43
43

Harvesting potatoes
Good morning to the Group from Arkansas USA . My question to the group is when is the best time to dig potatoes ,when they first bloom or when the plants die? Also does removing the blooms increase...
3
3