Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

My Wife
Told me last night I planted about 3 too many cucumbers . Good thing I know people that like 'em ! Never having grown cukes before I'm astounded by the production from just 4 plants ! -- Snag
3
3

Garlic harvest (seems early, but already late for some)
... after the heat of last week i'm also able to get back outside and get things done. i'll be out cutting garlic tops off today and lifting garlic too if i can get to it. that is the task for the...
2
2

And a tater question
I got a reasonable number of plants from my "found" seed taters , but they're all kinda spindly . In the past , I've had potato plants that had lush top growth and no production . I expected these to...
1
1

How Long
Can I leave the jalapenos on the plant ? They're loaded , and right now there just isn't time to preserve them . I have everything I need but time ... When it rains , it pours here . The machine shop...
1
1

SANTO 7. 13. 15.
Coming to a theater near you.

cabbage
as our space is usually limited and i can't cook it anyways we've never actually grown cabbages before this year. the difference this year is someone we know who makes saurkraut and Ma wanting to do...
37
37

Radishes !
I had forgotten all about them , as most have bolted and gone to seed - which I plan to save , as these are heirlooms - until I was out on my daily inspection tour . They were probably left too long ,...
8
8

Re: Bill Gates and GMO Cronies Plan $30 million Seed Vault while poisoning the planet
Thanks, again to chat noir The below is admittedly partisan, and I fault it for being too emotional and using invectives (which in honesty, I agree with), but there can't be a discussion, if one side...
1
1

Re: The EPA, whose mission is . . . to protect human health and the environment, has approved Monsantosrequest to allow levels of glyphosate (Roundup) contamination in your food up to a million times higher than have been found carcinogenic.
This may be difficult . If you look up the MSDS for Roundup, written by Monsanto, of course, the stuff looks kinda innocuous. The scientists Gilles-Eric Sralini, and Andres Carrasco who ran separate...
23
23

The third zucchini
This morning my wife asked me what I wanted to grill to go with the zucchini/onion/mushroom sautee like I fixed a few nights ago . 'Nuff said .

A Sign of the Times
...and of things to come. Or, "the more things change....": http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=198051447&m=200285717...
7
7

Tomatoes with curling leaves
I noticed yesterday that some of my tomato plants have something unusual going on . The lower leaves on a couple of my plants have turned a darker green and started curling up toward the top side ....
13
13

Last Night for Dinner
We had some brats cooked on the little gas grill and a delightful veggie medley of sauteed onions , mushrooms and the FIRST ZUCCHINI from our garden . I cut it into french-fry size strips and tossed...
9
9

in the beginning, fruit trees
we have fruit bushes for the birds along the northern edge. we have empty space out back (on the other side of the drainage ditch) which is in danger of being overrun by poplars and honeysuckles. i'll...
13
13

Tomatoes in Western Washington
I don't think so. According to the Oz bureau of met ENSO indicators are neutral at the moment. Also during an El Nino event I would expect the west coast of USA to be wetter not drier. I would think...
5
5