Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A Sign of the Times
...and of things to come. Or, "the more things change....": http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=198051447&m=200285717...
7
7

Tomatoes with curling leaves
I noticed yesterday that some of my tomato plants have something unusual going on . The lower leaves on a couple of my plants have turned a darker green and started curling up toward the top side ....
13
13

Last Night for Dinner
We had some brats cooked on the little gas grill and a delightful veggie medley of sauteed onions , mushrooms and the FIRST ZUCCHINI from our garden . I cut it into french-fry size strips and tossed...
9
9

in the beginning, fruit trees
we have fruit bushes for the birds along the northern edge. we have empty space out back (on the other side of the drainage ditch) which is in danger of being overrun by poplars and honeysuckles. i'll...
13
13

Tomatoes in Western Washington
I don't think so. According to the Oz bureau of met ENSO indicators are neutral at the moment. Also during an El Nino event I would expect the west coast of USA to be wetter not drier. I would think...
5
5

Potato Problem
Could someone please tell me what potato problem I have here?! The leaves are curling up and the plants look as if they are dying off. It's not affecting all the plants but I'm wondering if it will...
4
4

Squash, Stem Borer help
My zucchini and yellow squash have not been doing well in the last few week s and now I think I know why. I am pretty sure it is a stem borer problem. The bottom of the stem at ground level is split...
8
8

Great Northern beans
Has anybody here grown them? I planted a row yesterday, using grocery store dried beans. My intention is to use them as green snap beans ("string beans" is probably more apt; I bet they have a string)...
3
3

4 billy
The USB Wine key allows you to download wine from home and straight from the vineyard. The Wine Store offers more than 1200 different wines you can taste immediately with just a few clicks ! Go to...

the little pea that couldn't
i was hoping it would make it as a light version, but a few days later it withered away. this is the layout of the fenced gardens this season (where most of the veggies are planted). this picture is...
2
2

Progress
Today I got almost 300 Roma bean seeds in the ground. They are in one of the 6 boxes DH has replaced this year. All of the boxes are finished but 2 still need to be filled. And I picked and ate 2...
7
7

Tapered Cucumbers
This is a [minor] problem I had last year, and the one early vine this year looks to be continuing it. At least some of my cucumber vines have a tendency to produce fruit that gets appropriately plump...
3
3

Problem with an orange tree
Hello All, I have a question regarding an orange plant that I have in my garden. It is planted in the ground (i.e., it is not in a pot). It is about three years old. The plant has not grown at all in...
6
6

Herb Pallet Garden
My daughter sent us a link about growing herbs through the slats of a pallet. Since we had one out in the barn, my wife decided to try it. It worked out very well; the plants are thriving and she...
1
1

Hillbilly Garden Update
Well , the lettuce and spinach failed miserably ... and the cayennes have yet to appear . But everything else is freakin' fantastic !! Alright , the green beans aren't overtaking the world , and...
4
4