Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Edible gardening
Hello members... How we are able to do the gardening of the different fruits at our home and what are the different precautions we should keep in mind... Please give some suggestions...

Drought threatens
It is now more than two months since I had any useful rain. It was one of the warmest (if not the warmest) winters on record. We have had hot days (30C) already and it is not two weeks into spring....
21
21

2013 season update
so what's up in edible gardening lands? things are showing a case of the normal late season yellows. the cosmos are fading, the beans are starting to leave leaves on the ground. the tomatoes are...
9
9

Viable Seed Age
Pepper seeds in particular. I harvest my own seeds from grocery store peppe rs and the ones I grow. Are the seeds from 2011 still going to be viable in January when I start my plants? I will have some...
14
14

Source of microgreens seeds?
I've been looking at seed catalogues and seed packets on sale locally in grocery stores, etc., and have seen that prices are much too high to grow ones own microgreens based on the price for the small...
38
38

Plants Growth
Hello members... Should we grow some plants of the fruits at home... And also give some tips to take care of it...
7
7

Getting toward the end
A couple of days ago we picked all the shell beans and they are in a cardboard box in the family room. If I have to trip over them I remember to shake them up a bit so they all dry. Also pulled all of...
6
6

Avocado ripe near surface, very not near core
I discovered avocados this year, and have enjoyed the immensely. Learned h ow to ripen them in paper bags over the course of days. Been working out w ell until recently. Recently, my avocado's have...
2
2

It's official
Its now Spring since it's 1 September today. But I knew it was Spring before the date arrived because of all the blossoms and the growth. From now on it's all on for young and old. I have got so much...
8
8

[OT] Whatever Happened to:
Nothing since Sept. 2010.
15
15

Tomato plant with no Tomatoes
I have flowers in 2 different sets but no tomatoes. What is the deal? I do not believe it is a pollenation problem. MJ
4
4

I just finished
Canning 18 half-pints of jalapenos from my garden . I used a very basic pickling recipe , 1c vinegar , 1c water 1tbsp kosher . Processed them in my wife's steam canner , and increased the time 50%...
1
1

Slowin' Down
... are you open to suggestions? :) or do you pretty much know already what you are going to do? songbird
13
13

cherry tree leaves
something is eating holes in the leaves of my miniature cherry tree, have looked during daylight hours but cant see the culprit(s) any advice will be very welcome plus what to zap the bugs with
2
2

Cherryplum Nadia
Hi everyone! I'm lookin' for some nursery where I can find this new hybrid cherry X plum called NADIA. It's an aussy new variety, a true hybride and not that supermarkets' average rubbish "cherryplum"...