Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Squirrel meets tragic end
Found a gray squirrel next to my garden this morning. I have an ordinary el ectric fence around my garden to keep the deer out. Apparently a deer broke the wire sometime last night and this morning a...
9
9

froggy mornings
when it is foggy we call it froggy. lately, a usual sign of fall is froggy mornings. waking up to pea soup and having to wait a bit for things to burn off and dry out enough. the dry bean harvest is...

Tree planted has air pockets
I have not been having too much luck with planting fruit trees. I seem to be doing something wrong. I end up with air pockets around the roots. Any suggestions? Thanks
10
10

Cheap Seeds
Does anyone have a favorite place to buy cheap seeds? MJ
3
3

Fall Planting
I am looking for ideas of what I can plant and grow in the greenhouse this fall and winter. I keep it above freezing all winter but not really warm. I am thinking lettuce, onions and snow peas but I...
1
1

Fruits full of Vitamins
Hello members.... How are you all ????? Which are the different fruits which helps us in getting the vitamins... Which are the fruits which are useful for getting the different vitamis...
1
1

what is the most unusual critter
you'd ever expect to see chasing and eating grasshoppers? this morning i was doing the usual and looked out the window to see a harrier (hawk, otherwise known as marsh hawk) sitting near one of the...
14
14

fruit border advice needed
hello everyone, I've got a border area which is 9m long and 1.2m wide. It runs along a 1.8m tall fence which is north facing, but also has the tops of my neighbours shrubs, making it around 2.2m tall....

Technical boy type input sought
I want to buy a garden mulcher. I have in mind a big powerful brute of a thing that I can use without calling for male muscle power to start it by pulling the start cord or needing help from Him in...
5
5

Edible gardening
Hello members... How we are able to do the gardening of the different fruits at our home and what are the different precautions we should keep in mind... Please give some suggestions...

Drought threatens
It is now more than two months since I had any useful rain. It was one of the warmest (if not the warmest) winters on record. We have had hot days (30C) already and it is not two weeks into spring....
21
21

2013 season update
so what's up in edible gardening lands? things are showing a case of the normal late season yellows. the cosmos are fading, the beans are starting to leave leaves on the ground. the tomatoes are...
9
9

Viable Seed Age
Pepper seeds in particular. I harvest my own seeds from grocery store peppe rs and the ones I grow. Are the seeds from 2011 still going to be viable in January when I start my plants? I will have some...
14
14

Source of microgreens seeds?
I've been looking at seed catalogues and seed packets on sale locally in grocery stores, etc., and have seen that prices are much too high to grow ones own microgreens based on the price for the small...
38
38

Plants Growth
Hello members... Should we grow some plants of the fruits at home... And also give some tips to take care of it...
7
7