Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

when to prune radish sprouts?
Hi All, This may be putting the cart before the horse as the earwigs may mow my radish sprouts flat, but how tall should I let my radish sprouts get and how far apart should they be when I prune them....
1
1

Earwigs are back
But they don't seem to like my radishes this year. I am growing China Rose this year. So far I have stepped on about four, carved about two up with garden utensils, and sprayed about four. The four I...
1
1

Re: the blessings of an idiot farmer
Paging Mr. Guthrie...how's about another round of "Talking Dust Bowl Blues?"
8
8

Carrots
Carrot crop this year has been bountiful. So much so that we canned five pints of pickled carrot sticks, then seven pints of sliced carrots for meals, and now we have the last of the large, but sweet...

ah!
it was so nice yesterday out working in the gardens. most of the "bare dirt" gardens are now ready for spring planting which means i'm able to get working on the more wild gardens which are outside...

Lettuce
Picked the last of the leaf lettuce this morning, or rather, the wife dood it. Getting heats in the mid-eighties routinely so a lot of the early spring or late winter stuff will be turning into...
1
1

hard frost
wonder how it will effect the strawberry crop as the plants were in bloom. i seem to recall that it made some impact but not enough to ruin the entire crop for me. the lilac bush was just starting to...
2
2

roofing tar paper
For use in walking path in garden
4
4

plant radishes?
Hi All, I was thinking of planting rose radishes in my failed potato onion bed. Problem: I have to beet the earwigs to a plant large enough to survive them. Needs to be about four inches tall for them...
2
2

Is it too late to replant potato onions?
Hi All, Greetings from the Pineapple Express! We got soaked in rain and snow. Only four of my ~ 20 potato onions sprouted. All of my shallots did, but they got a lot less sky water. (Their bed is in...
5
5

Breakfast
Yesterday I had a breakfast that was a first for me. It was dear wife's turn to make breakfast. I ended up with a dish with these things in it: fake eggs scrambled, chopped kale from the garden, and...
1
1

Garden stuff
Looks like the heat is getting the lettuce and a few other greens. Temp here are already hitting the mid-eighties and then the next morning in the forties, up and down, depending upon which way the...

Seedling Catastrophe!! Help if possible ;-)
Hi all I'm new here, but i've been edible gardening for a few years. I had a whole bunch of elderly seeds that i wanted to use use so decided a good way would be to have a seed planting competition...
1
1

OT a funny
See more KIN DIY: http://bit.ly/Kin_DIY SUBSCRIBE To Robert's Channel http://bit.ly/CraftedWithRobert Robert's Fruit & Vegetable Container Garden Web: http://maharcraft.tumblr.com Pinterest:...

[OT] ?? for Cooks:
Are you talking about the usual sort of ginger - "rhizoma zingiberis" - or some other plant? If something else, more hints, please, as to what it really is, are needed. If the usual ginger is what you...
2
2