Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mo' rain
We just topped 30 inches of rain according to the weather heads. I don't think I've ever seen rain like that. 20 inches several time but not this. Plus they're saying it is going to keep raining for...
13
13

ping George: you survive the free lawn watering?
You make it through Harvey okay?
3
3

Where is everyone?
If you're like us you're gardening at dawn and sunset. We're constantly getting temperatures in the high nineties. Just to hot for us old gardeners. We are expecting a little rain and perhaps some...
35
35

Vaccinium Myrtillus
Hi All, Anyone know where I can purchase Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) plants with plugs or pots (I have the worst luck with bare root). The only place I could find with Duck Duck Go was a place in...
2
2

Good Fig Year
I planted a small fig tree about seven or eight years ago. It grew into mor e of a bush than a tree, sending out a dozen or so canes each year; these d ied back in the winter and new canes grew in the...

Peppers galore
Wife picked a whole bucket of sweet peppers and brought them in. All washed and on the counter to dry. Some of them are big enough to turn into stuffed chilies with burger and cheese in them. Have...
4
4

Goji Berries!
Hi All, Got my first 10 Goji Berries off the four plants I planted last fall. Yippee!!! Interesting taste. The aftertaste is actually better than the regular taste! -T
1
1

Rain, and lots of it
Looks like we have been graced with the gardeners blessing of a gentle rain and a little thunder and lightning. I don't remember the last time it rained here but it is coming down pretty good now....
19
19

two pics from a few days ago
working on the north garden getting the weeds out and regenerating the strawberry patch: i'm about 10ft further to the left now... and a pic of the thyme and squash in the horseshoe garden: much to do...
12
12

Pickles !
We had enough cucumbers all at once so the wife put up 6 pints of dill pickles today . In a few days we'll try them and decide if it's worth the effort to make more - she's never done pickles before ....
17
17

Heat and rain
We had a 101F day this past week, and this week we are looking at high nineties. The "maybe" good news is there may be rain this week. That's if I really believe the weather people, yeah, that's it....
2
2

What are those giant radishes
Hi All, On those addictive Asian Soaps, what are those giant radishes you see them choking up when they are cooking. The are about 12" long and 4" around. Their color is a light violet? And what do...
1
1

climbers are growing fast now
some of them are already near the top of the fence. :) i expected the scarlet runner beans to be the fastest, but they are not as compared to the greasy beans. wax and green beans coming in now and...
1
1

100F plus
According to the weather heads we're going to hit 100F late this day. As it is we've been hitting around 90F or a little higher the last few days. Looks like we need to get out and water all the...
13
13

Cubic Pumpkins
This year's pumpkin crop is coming along nicely, with quite a few fruits fo rming already. I was thinking of making a box with 2x6 lumber and putting a pumpkin inside while it is small. As it grows,...
1
1