Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A couple of pretty pictures
Zuke Flower: Cherry Tomato and Light: Image 0829180820 hosted in ImgBB Image 0829180820a hosted in ImgBB
4
4

tomatoes coming in
the past few weeks. today picking already about 7 buckets full so should be busy putting those up the rest of the day. i love the smell of tomatoes when i'm canning them. hope everyone is having a...
7
7

Do peppers get blossom rot?
Do peppers get blossom rot?
2
2

onion question
Hi All, Is it better to buy seeds or these guys My last attempt at onion seeds failed three times. Do I presume correct that these are "over winter"? Many thanks, -T
1
1

wasps?
Hi All, I noticed that my back yard rafters have about 10 wasps nests across them. And, I notice a lot of wasps on my plants too. They are not aggressive and leave me alone. Are these guy doing me any...
3
3

Radish and onion review
Hi All, Review: Imai Early Yellow Onion: Claim to fame: large onions, over winter. Three plantings: 1) late fall, 2) early spring, 3) late spring Zero germination. Bora King, Hybrid Korean Radish...
2
2

Goji Berries: pretty picture
Image 0821180917 hosted in ImgBB
3
3

Just a pretty picture
Image 0816181931 hosted in ImgBB
1
1

spaghetti squash questions
Hi All, Is there anything wrong with this guy (weird color) or is he just not ripe yet? And when do you harvest them? When they are yellow like in the store? And I noticed that as they turn yellow,...
2
2

What is wrong with my roma's?
Hi All, On a lark, I decided to try growing Roma Tomatoes. (I am very successful with cherries, but never big tomatoes.) Well, I got lots of green Roma's , which is a good sign. But when they ripen,...
9
9

microbiome?
Hi All, I just cleared two areas of failed stuff. It will sit idle till next spring. Well, not quite so idle. My microbiome will still be there. Do I need to water my microbiome every so often? Or...
1
1

clippings?
Hi All, Three of my four Choke Berries (not cherries) are thriving. The fourth died on me. I read that Choke Berries can able propagate with clippings. So, I clipped about an eight inch branch off the...
4
4

Well no wonder !
  Seems that in the last week or two something(s) have been marauding my tomato patch . I thought I had it better protected ... yesterday afternoon I set up my game cam in the corner where they've...
31
31

08-04-2018 harvest
Hi All, My 08-04-2018 harvest: From top right to bottom left 9 Ron-de-nice Zukes rosemary 7 golden zukes potato onions purslane 2 anaheim peppers cherry tomatoes 2 ichiebon eggplant I made...
9
9

Not quite garden to table
  The last batch of tomatoes is currently making an extended stop in the big stock pot ... accompanied by hamburger , onions , mushrooms , and a host of delicate spices . And the house smells...
2
2