Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

eggplant color question
Hi All, Last year I grew several Ichiban eggplants. On the same plant, the color of the fruit varied. Some were beautiful black. Some were ugly greenish yellow. All the plants did this? Is there...

tip: weeds
Hi All, I am involved in a holy ware against the weeds again this year. The past two years, I though that if I just picked the weed and dropped in in place, the it would stop them from seeding. Well,...
5
5

tip: Rosemary and bugs
Well now, I have been wondering if Rosemary was any bit effecting in repelling bugs with its strong aroma. Well, I finally got around to pruning my rosemary bush. Found about 30 baby earwigs and one...
2
2

Review: bogatyr garlic
Hi All, I have been looking for a Garlic that will over winter in zone 6b and survive a sudden warm up. Review: bogatyr garlic I planed them in the fall. EVERY single one made it through the winter...
5
5

brrr...
still too cold out there yet to go out, but hopefully it will warm up by the time i feel like going outside. it was supposed to snow last night yet that did not happen much. need to get some peas and...
14
14

OT: Ping Frank: dried vinegar
Hi Frank, If you would put your chemists hat on for a minute, I'd like to mooch a free question from you. Google is failing me here. When you let distilled white vinegar dry on a wash rag (good and...
3
3

Coniferous plants have flowers?
Hi All, My Rosemary plant has flowers! Coniferous (pine trees) plants have flowers? What am I missing? They are awfully pretty! -T Image KIMG0014 hosted in ImgBB
4
4

Shrub Identification Please!
Hi All, I wondered if anyone could please identify this beautiful white-flowering shrub? I see a lot of them around my city of Plymouth and have done for years. After 14 years of being a local mobile...
2
2

may be a bit late but we'll give it a try today
planting some peas. it has been raining so much that the garden where they're going has been way too muddy for letting me get it done sooner. i need to lift the rows along the edges a bit before...
1
1

Black Oyster Mushrooms
I inoculated five logs with black oyster mushroom spawn this morning. I did quite well with growing mushroom logs in the basement for a number of year s, then nothing worked for several years. I gave...
15
15

before and after pics
mostly done, had to wind it down so i can get ready for planting - i say mostly because i still have too many brown beans to keep all of them. i'll go through those again this winter and pare them...
4
4

normal spring weather
yesterday sunny and windy, but warm enough to get out and get some gardening done. today snowing. several years ago (maybe 5 years even) i had this area that was getting full of grasses growing along...
2
2

PING T
  Would you please re-post your vinegar weed killer recipe ? I'm trying to kill off the remnants of the wild blackberries and some honeysuckle , plus a few just plain weeds . We finally gave up on...
7
7

Firewood Harvest
I'm getting too old to fell trees, so I made a deal with a local firewood d ealer. He cut down about 40 trees in the back pasture, which was turning in to a forest, and we split the take. Now I have...

Taters in the ground
  I should have had them planted at least 2 weeks ago , but the ground has been too wet to plow (grin) so I waited . This is my first real effort to cultivate taters , I planted some reds for new...
1
1